• Final Fight
    • Galaga 88
    • Rastan Saga
    • Baseball Stars Professional
    • Dig Dug 2
    • Smash TV
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Well I too chose Final Fight because of the nature of the system. The game would translate quite well, though Puzzle Bobble would also (and has... see the Game Gear version). Dig Dug II would likewise translate nicely, but to me it seems this game was not very well known... less so than the original anyway, though the NES translation was excellent by all counts, I'd say. The same argument could be made for Galaga '88, except I have not played (nor have I heard of) any known home translations of the game.

Rastan Saga would also make a nice translation. A lesser-known game, but would be nice as a Lynx title I think. Baseball Stars Professional I have never played, but would assume that it, too, would make a good jump (albeit with a few changes since it's coming from a Neo Geo to the Lynx), but the only constraint would be whether the game uses all four buttons constantly, or if only two buttons are used for action and the other two are more for "extra" setting, which could be mapped to the two option buttons on the Lynx.

Smash TV almost demands that a cross-pattern button layout be used because the game plays so much like Robotron. SFII would also need more than the two buttons provided to be a faithful translation, though they need not be laid out in cross-pattern fasion.

Edited by rockman_x_2002

Well I too chose Final Fight because of the nature of the system.  The game would translate quite well, though Puzzle Bobble would also (and has... see the Game Gear version).  Dig Dug II would likewise translate nicely, but to me it seems this game was not very well known... less so than the original anyway, though the NES translation was excellent by all counts, I'd say.  The same argument could be made for Galaga '88, except I have not played (nor have I heard of) any known home translations of the game.

Rastan Saga would also make a nice translation.  A lesser-known game, but would be nice as a Lynx title I think.  Baseball Stars Professional I have never played, but would assume that it, too, would make a good jump (albeit with a few changes since it's coming from a Neo Geo to the Lynx), but the only constraint would be whether the game uses all four buttons constantly, or if only two buttons are used for action and the other two are more for "extra" setting, which could be mapped to the two option buttons on the Lynx.

Smash TV almost demands that a cross-pattern button layout be used because the game plays so much like Robotron.  SFII would also need more than the two buttons provided to be a faithful translation, though they need not be laid out in cross-pattern fasion.

1020076[/snapback]

Galaga 88 had a home translation. It is for the the tg-16 called Galaga 90.

Galaga 88 had a home translation.  It is for the the tg-16 called Galaga 90.

1020078[/snapback]

Yes, and Galaga '90 was really good on the TG-16, too. That was the only official home version of Galaga '88 that I knew of, until a few months ago when Namco released Namco Museum 50th Anniversary for PlayStation 2, GameCube, X-Box, and PC. Although it's not advertised on the package, Galaga '88 is a hidden game that can be unlocked by scoring a certain amount of points in Galaga (not a lot, I think it was around 40,000).

Out of the games mentioned here, I think that Galaga '88 would have made a fine choice to have been released on the Lynx. They could have even made it so it could be play using a vertically oriented screen, just like the arcade game! :)

Galaga 88 had a home translation.  It is for the the tg-16 called Galaga 90.

1020078[/snapback]

Yes, and Galaga '90 was really good on the TG-16, too. That was the only official home version of Galaga '88 that I knew of, until a few months ago when Namco released Namco Museum 50th Anniversary for PlayStation 2, GameCube, X-Box, and PC. Although it's not advertised on the package, Galaga '88 is a hidden game that can be unlocked by scoring a certain amount of points in Galaga (not a lot, I think it was around 40,000).

Out of the games mentioned here, I think that Galaga '88 would have made a fine choice to have been released on the Lynx. They could have even made it so it could be play using a vertically oriented screen, just like the arcade game! :)

1020249[/snapback]

It's not only TG-16 games who has hidden games. Don't forget you can use a cheat in Lexis to unlock Galaxian! :)