IGNORED

ATARI 600XL

rorysl

Hello all!

Just read an ad in my local paper -- here's the description of the item:

"Atari 600XL antique computer, incl 3 games & cass drive, rare collector item, $50."

I love my 2600 but I don't know a lot about Atari computers, although I am interested. Any comments? Worth picking up? How about the price?

Any thoughts are welcomed!

Rory

I agree you would be better off hunting around for a 800xl, much more compatible with the games out there because it has 64k versus only 16k on the 600xl.

I tend to think of the 600xl and the original 400 has machines you pick up to complete your collections of Atari computers, not day to day workhorses :)

Shop around, you should be able to score an 800XL or 130XE + disk drive for around that price.

And forget games unless they're on cartridge, or good original disk games with box/manual included.

Virtually every game ever commercially released is available to download somewhere, and with an APE/SIO2PC interface you will be set.

This seller is very good, anyway if you want an A8 computer better get a 800XL. You can get one on ebay pretty stuffed for 50.

Javier.

1020351[/snapback]

I agree also. I purchased a 600XL from this seller to use for parts (but have found it hard to piece out a perfectly good Atari). Great price and quick shipping. They always have an 800XL for sale. I'd go for that.

Ah I see! Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm of two minds about it. Like I said, I wasn't really looking for an Atari computer so I doubt I would go through the trouble of purchasing one online when I can feed my addiction to my older consoles! :) Just saw the ad and was curious as to whether or not I should go for it! I probably won't -- unless I can beat him down to $5....and that's doubtful!

Thanks to all!

Rory