IGNORED

Dead Lynx Boxed/Mint. Can it be?

Michael_

I´ve been offered a boxed Lynx which looks like it´s in mint condition (even the box looks amazing).

Seller doesn´t know anything about the machine except for the fact that it doesn´t work. It doesn´t come with a power supply, but he tried installing 6 batteries with no change to its condition whatseoever (power indicator may have lighted up for a second or so).

Now.

I can buy this sucker for practically nothing, so I´m hoping for somebody to come out and say that it´s alright, just needs a power supply or something. :P

Anybody?

Edited by Palmer Eldritch

I'm assuming the seller may not know this (they might), but the Lynx doesn't power on without a cartridge in it. :P

So it probably isn't a power supply you need... just a game inside of it.

I got my Lynx I some years ago because of this at a rummage sale. The folks that had it didn't know that it wouldn't work without a cart. I knew it, but they thought that because it was worn and ragged that it was probably just broken. I offered them $2 for it, they accepted, and I ordered a game for it. And I'm happy to report that it does work just fine. But I've got a Lynx II on the way so I'm hoping there for something a bit more presentable... and less of a monster on batteries.

Anyways, just thought I might pass that along. :)

Edited by rockman_x_2002

I'm assuming the seller may know this, but it's possible.  I got a used Lynx I because of this but...

... the Lynx doesn't power on without a cartridge in it.  :P

And the folks I got my Lynx I didn't know that.  I did, they thought it was broken.  I offered $2.  They accepted.  Just thought I might pass that along.  :)

1020501[/snapback]

:cool:

See? That´s the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks a lot mate.

Seller wants $10 for it, which I´ll gladly pay for a mint Lynx.

Excellent.

:cool:

See? That´s the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks a lot mate.

Seller wants $10 for it, which I´ll gladly pay for a mint Lynx.

Excellent.

1020503[/snapback]

For $10 I'd say that's a chance you might want to take.

Look at it like this: if there is something wrong with it, it seems it's been taken care of pretty well, so it couldn't be anything too serious that can't probably be fixed.

Now I know very little about fixing electronics, but I know some of the fine folks on this board have a good grasp on that subject. So I'm sure they could be of assistance also if need be. :)

But yes. Honest opinion is, if the guy doesn't know anything about Lynxes, chances are he tried powering up with no cart in it. The Lynx and the Jaguar refuse to work without carts, while other game consoles generally do (by at least showing a black screen with a power indicator light turning on or something).