IGNORED

How To Store 5200 Carts?

Shawn

Hey All,

Is there any binders or cartridge holders designed for the 5200? I have never seen one or heard f one before nad now I need one (or two). Anyone got any suggestions. I really prefer cases\binders designed for the carts in question but alternative storage method suggestions would be apprciated also as I like to keep my video game centre nice and proper and I asume many of you do also.

Thanks For The Help,

Shawn Sr.

have you got my money.

ken

1020553[/snapback]

Has not arrived yet, But I suppose that message was ment as a PM? I would expect it to take at least a week to arrive from you to me just per the distance.

I will let you know as soon as it does.

Shawn

P.S. You know any ways to store 5200 games??

I've seen 8-track holders recommended before.

I doubt there's a really good way to store 5200 carts due to teh lack of an end label.

1020619[/snapback]

LAck of the end lable is fine by me. I just want fited cart storage. Hell, if worste comes to worste I might make end labels for all my 5200 carts.

I use a CD shelf laid sideways. I'd asked a similar question about how to store 5200 carts some time ago, and someone mentioned CD cases. It works pretty well and matches my game room coffee table (both unfinished wood--I have some work to do).

I also just found a weird shelf at the goodwill and it's perfectly sized for 5200 games. I am thinking of making this some sort of showcase shelf, or just using it to store doubles, etc.

I've seen 8-track holders recommended before.

I doubt there's a really good way to store 5200 carts due to teh lack of an end label.

1020619[/snapback]

LAck of the end lable is fine by me. I just want fited cart storage. Hell, if worste comes to worste I might make end labels for all my 5200 carts.

1020621[/snapback]

post-6271-1140326527_thumb.jpgpost-6271-1140326579_thumb.jpg

I don't think there were ever any cartridge holders made for 5200 carts.

Other than the obvious ones shown above, all I've found is a pair of tape holder racks that I found back in the mid '90s, and those common gray "buckets" that were made for NES games. Those also hold CDs quite well in pairs, so I've got seven of them I can see from where I'm sitting now that are holding PS1 and Dreamcast games.

Those are VERY nice. Would you consider sharing the template?

Speaking of end labels, I just had to make them for the 5200.  With the way I store my games, it just looked better.  (I while back I had made the thread about if they did the 5200 labels like the '2600 Red Label' variation.  So I patterned it after them:

1020750[/snapback]

Speaking of end labels, I just had to make them for the 5200.  With the way I store my games, it just looked better.  (I while back I had made the thread about if they did the 5200 labels like the '2600 Red Label' variation.  So I patterned it after them:

1020750[/snapback]

Nice pile of 565's you got there too bob :P

1020750[/snapback]

Nice pile of 565's you got there too bob :P

1020816[/snapback]

@Shawn Sr.: I had a feeling you would catch that :cool:

Actually one side is 565, the other is the type that 'Hat Trick' is on (I forget the number off the top of my head).

@phaxda: Thanks :) As far as the template, I used MS Publisher for them (the end labels are a little longer than the 'normal' ones, so I didn't use Corey's labels for these). If that's ok let me know and I'll give the template.

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

@Shawn Sr.: I had a feeling you would catch that  :cool:

Actually one side is 565, the other is the type that 'Hat Trick' is on (I forget the number off the top of my head).

Bob

1020981[/snapback]

C100339 is the one you are looking for I believe. :)

Mitch

@Shawn Sr.: I had a feeling you would catch that  :cool:

Bob

1020981[/snapback]

C100339 is the one you are looking for I believe. :)

Mitch

1021093[/snapback]

339, yep thats a hat rick ;) And he's got a 595 socketed there also.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I use these wooden crates I bought from Wal-mart for my 5200 and Jaguar carts. It's easy to flip to games with them. I've been meaning to paint them white to match the bookcase but I haven't gottem around to it. It may look a little cluttered, but it's in a corner nook that you can't see until get close.

CARTS.jpg

Speaking of end labels, I just had to make them for the 5200.

1020750[/snapback]

What's the bug that was fixed in the "Pac-Man (Bug Fixed)" version?

1021124[/snapback]

Actually I fixed 3 bugs in that game:

1) The flashing of the monsters (when they turn back from being blue) to match the arcade - check out the '1st Apple' level to see what I mean. In the original 5200 version, they only flash once.

2) The speed increase happens on the board *after* it was supposed to. For example again the 1st apple board. On the original 5200 version if you *start* on the 1st apple, the speed in fast (correct). If you work up to the apple, the speed doesn't change from the peach until the 2nd apple.

3) The 'no blue' boards. On the boards where the monsters aren't supposed to turn blue at all, they stay blue forever on the 5200 version. I have fixed this.

I learned all of this while working on the 'Plus' and 'Hangly-Man' versions. The 'Speed Increase' bug had me going crazy for a few days as I though it was something I did while I was modifying it for Hangly-Man. Then I finally said "let me try the original one" and it was there too. :x

:)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

You know what works pretty well, and is pretty low cost too? The little boxes that clementines come in. Two fit across just perfectly. And you're recycling and at the same time, debunking the mythical picture of the overweight gamer munching on cheetos and mountain dew all the time. You can say, look, I actually have eaten fruit before!!!!!

I've got these neat slideout plastic drawer things that fit many of the classic systems. They came in two and three drawer units, I've got 5200, Jag, Genesis, CV, INTV, etc stored in them. They have little tags that you can label and put up under the clear handle for every drawer.

Unfortunately IKEA doesn't make them anymore and I've never been able to find anything quite as perfect as they are :(