IGNORED

Viewing angle of Lynx II screen

AussieAtari

I also prefer viewing the screen tilted a little away from me. It kind of brings more and better colors into view.

I also enjoy games using lots of blue colors in the background combined with clear saturated foreground colors. Doing things in a bit lower resolution makes the screen really stand out.

<advertisment on>

Like in my hangman homebrew where you are rewarded by a fortune for breaking the password. The blue background scrolls down smoothly inspired by the matrix movie.

post-2099-1140508644.png post-2099-1140493700.gif post-2099-1140508683.png

<advertisment off>

--

Cheers,

Karri

Edited by karri

mines the same way. if i hold the unit perfect in front of me despite the brightness level, the colors are washed, but tilting it slightly reveals better coloring. I think its the nature of the backlight. The technology back then wasn't near as good as today. Just look at the Gamegears backlit screen, horrible.

I do think it is an individual thing though as I have noticed my wife looks at the unit pretty much straight on.

1022604[/snapback]

You're probably right. I just got a Lynx II system earlier this week (had a Lynx I system though). Both units seem to feature better color when viewing at an angle. In fact, the sun visor that goes on the system seems to me to suggest that's the optimal viewing angle anyway. Looking at it head-on would be difficult to do, or so far as I can tell. Seems more natural viewing at a slight angle. :D