IGNORED

Wanted: 320kb 130 XE PAL

Wilheim

It's rare to find one for sale, but your best bet would be E-bay U.K. or E-bay Germany. Most people that have a 320XE (NTSC or PAL) have done the upgrade themselves or have paid to have it done for them.

I would be willing to upgrade a standard PAL 130XE for you, or upgrade and convert a NTSC XE to 320k and full PAL conversion (including Antic PAL, GTIA PAL, PAL OS), or just replace the NTSC Antic chip with a PAL Antic like I have on my 320K "PAL" XE. Not everything PAL will run on a machine with just a PAL Antic intalled, but about 99% of PAL .ATR images and .com/.exe files will work. I do not know the percentage of compatibility with orignal copy-protected PAL programs and an NTSC XE with a PAL Antic; my guess would be about 90%. With full PAL conversion of all three chips, I believe you have 100% compatibility with all PAL programs, no matter if they are copy-protected disk, .atr or other disk image, or a file .

Send me a private message if you are interested. The price of parts and their shipping, the price of the service, and cost of return shipping to you of the upgraded XE would be required. With full discloser of costs and reciepts for everything would be given to you of course. This could become expensive though, with all the shipping charges for parts and your computer back and forth for South America to North America. But it probably wouldn't cost more than if you found and bought a 320K PAL XE on E-bay (though I don't know how much they sell for). We can figure out up-front what the costs for parts, service and shipping will be too.

Edited by Gunstar