IGNORED

Power Factor

DeathAdderSF

I'm still trying to locate all of the bomb pieces in Power Factor. Could someone who is more familiar with the game than I am possibly tell me which specific levels that bomb pieces are located on? I'm looking for a definite answer, not just a guess or an approximation. Thanks.

you must be god aweful at this game since its IMPOSSIBLE to pass a level with a bomb fragment because the door won't open to the boss until you do.

And if you use the cheat code to the last level, it gives you all the bomb fragments. But thats no fun, just get the code for invincibility and go through the game, When you reach a level that the door to the boss is closed, thats a bomb fragment level and you have to get it before the door opens.

Edited by JagFan422

you must be god aweful at this game since its IMPOSSIBLE to pass a level with a bomb fragment because the door won't open to the boss until you do.

Now, now - there's no reason to say that someone is AWFUL (there's no 'e' in the word) at a game just because they are having trouble with it. I understood everything you were saying about the doors not opening unless a bomb fragment is collected, and so on. What I didn't understand is that, upon entering the room with the last boss, you are given the remaining fragments. I was pinned on the idea that you had to collect ALL OF THEM before that battle, not just SOME of them. Ok - so - hey - I gave it another try and viola! Beat the game. Super duper.

By the way - I was able to muddle around with the scoring system and produce a very high score at the end of the game, thus answering the question you had posed before (about what kind of ending you get if your score is high enough). The text that is shown after HARD SIMULATION COMPLETE can be seen below, in the screenshots I've posted:

pf1.gifpf2.gifpf3.gif

So, here I am, telling the world. :roll:

yes i am going to say that you were god aweful at it,  You even PM'd me, TWICE regarding this topic and i told you then how to complete the game, what you didn't believe me then?

1026372[/snapback]

Hmm ... you could have just said "thanks" for me answering your question about the ending, but of course you chose to completely ignore that and insult me again. Really illustrates your character as a human being. That's apparently something you're AWFUL at (in addition to spelling).

I stand by my comments. Here's the first time I told you how to beat the game.

Re:Power Factor, Mon Feb 6, 2006 7:46 AM

" QUOTE

I saw your post regarding Power Factor for the Lynx. What I'd like to know is how you beat the game. I've tried just about everything, but always come up short on the items needed to destroy the final boss. Even going through each level with a keen eye, I can't seem to locate everything I need.

My goal was to capture the game's ending sequence to screenshots and make them available on the internet. I have collected many Lynx endings and sent them to the archive @ vgmuseum.com so people can see Lynx endings even if they aren't skilled enough to make it through the entire game.

Do you think, you could reconstruct your strategy using the Handy emulator, and send me two save states:

1). When you've collected all items needed to finish the game

and

2). Just before the ending?

If so, I can then hopefully do some hex editing and uncover whatever "true ending" you seem to be unable to reach at this point."

And this was my response

hmm, all i do is use the invicibility code. plus, i don't know how you CAN"T get all the items, the levels with the bomb parts, the door to the final boss of the level won't open until you've collected the bomb parts.

And about the save states, I don't use emulators on my PC, sorry, can't help you there. "

So apparently you didn't believe me then, so I sent it to you again. Here

hmm, all i do is use the invicibility code. plus, i don't know how you CAN"T get all the items, the levels with the bomb parts, the door to the final boss of the level won't open until you've collected the bomb parts.

Could you tell me where each bomb part is? Or, how they are all acquired? No matter how much searching about each level that I do, I never seem to find them all. It's very annoying."

Again i responded:

"It's not hard really. Just look for an item that doesn't look like anything else. Like i said, you cannot progress to the next level without finding it because the door to the boss of that level will not open up. And about every 3rd level is a bomb level, not every level."

So now i've told you twice, so either your so bad at this game that even though I've told you twice what to do, and that its IMPOSSIBLE to progress without finding a bomb part on the bomb levels, you still started this thread were i told you a third time how to progress. And finally the third time you believed me.

Edited by JagFan422

Granted. Let's put this topic to bed, ok? I appreciate the help you gave me with the game. I don't know why you choose to disbelieve me, and somehow I doubt that anyone here besides yourself cares how awful I may or may not be at a Lynx game.

Now, with that settled - would you care to at least acknowledge that I helped YOU out by answering your question regarding the game's high score ending sequence? Or are you going to continue to be pigheaded about the situation?

• 3 weeks later...

I have collected many Lynx endings and sent them to the archive @ vgmuseum.com so people can see Lynx endings

You have? I only have 2 Lynx contributors and those are Mike and DeathAdder, which one of those is you?

If you are neither and you have sent me Lynx endings then I havent received them.

I will be waiting for those Lynx endings I never received.