IGNORED

Is this for real? (aka Drive Tech Chat)

Bryan

On 10/2/2019 at 4:49 PM, Stormtrooper of Death said:

Hi, i think that the Unknown Base is John Beerens (from Eindhoven). He and I started the Atari Club Eindhoven in the early 90s.

We spoke several times about programming the standard 1050 diskdrive. And indeed he did make a program to put a markerword/code on a disk, that could be read with a special program. That could be handy to protect your disks so, that if a copy started circulating in the Atari scene, that we could see who the person was who spread the program.

I also did some trickery on the standard 1050 diskdrive. Reading MS-DOS files with the MS-DOS <-> Atari emulator program.

John tried to explain me his own creations about how to program the 1050 diskdrive, but it was very lowlevel. And I sadly didnt understand much, what he tried to explain to me.

I lost contact with him after the Atari Club Eindhoven ceased to exist. Last thing I heard from him, was that he sold all his Atari hardware (8bit and ST(e) ) and went on to work with MS-DOS computers.

Wow man, I was at your house back then. :)

I'm Martin, I lived in Zaandam at the time, think I went by the name of Dexterity. Came all the way down to Eindhoven a couple of times to visit your club since there was nothing close by. I also visited John on a few occasions, and yes, he went by the name of The Unknown Base. Good times! Memory fuzzy, though. Must've been the beers. How's your sister? :D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fire Button said:

Must've been the beers. How's your sister? :D

That came out weird. What I mean is, I remember you and John usually being there as well as your sister and a few kids. I am trying hard to remember what it is that we did, but I think it was mostly playing games, agreeing how much C-64 sucked, and bragging about our development accomplishments (in my case, lack of). Hope you're doing well Richard!

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2019 at 5:59 PM, Fire Button said:

Wow man, I was at your house back then. :)

I'm Martin, I lived in Zaandam at the time, think I went by the name of Dexterity. Came all the way down to Eindhoven a couple of times to visit your club since there was nothing close by. I also visited John on a few occasions, and yes, he went by the name of The Unknown Base. Good times! Memory fuzzy, though. Must've been the beers. How's your sister? :D

All the Unknown Base are belong to US.