IGNORED

Demon Attack 8-bit/5200

JagFan422

The Atarimax 5200 release of Demon Attack is what i'm questioning. Does this game compare to the Intellevision version? That version runs circles around the 2600 and is my favorite, but my 5200 is hooked up to the TV at all times, and demon attack is one of my favorite retro games, but if its not much better than the 2600 version i'm thinking of passing on it.

The Atarimax 5200 release of Demon Attack is what i'm questioning. Does this game compare to the Intellevision version? That version runs circles around the 2600 and is my favorite, but my 5200 is hooked up to the TV at all times, and demon attack is one of my favorite retro games, but if its not much better than the 2600 version i'm thinking of passing on it.
Demon Attack on the A8/5200 is virtually identical to Demon Attack on the 2600. It had to be a quick port, and Dave Johnson (the developer) was told to make it the same as the 2600 version. So no, it doesn't have the backgrounds or the demon base of the Intellivision version, although the A8/5200 was certainly capable of pulling them off.

thanks a bunch man, thats sad to hear. This game could've been great on the 5200.
Yeah, a lot of people were upset that the A8/5200 version didn't give them a little something extra. It didn't bother me too much at the time because Demon Attack on the 2600 was a great game to begin with, but now that I've played the Intellivision version, it would have been nice to see some of those features on the A8/5200. They probably could have been even better, too, with higher resolution and more colors than the Intellivision was capable of.

Demon Attack on the A8/5200 is virtually identical to Demon Attack on the 2600. It had to be a quick port, and Dave Johnson (the developer) was told to make it the same as the 2600 version. So no, it doesn't have the backgrounds or the demon base of the Intellivision version, although the A8/5200 was certainly capable of pulling them off.

It wouldn't be hard to hack the backgrounds into the 5200's Demon Attack. I would love to see that!