IGNORED

Games that use disk and tape

crash

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of games for the 8-Bit that use tape and disk. I have one, called Moonbase IO, which gets its voice and some of the sounds from tape, while the game levels are loaded from disk. Were there other computers that had tape based audio along with program?

Thanks!

Edited by crash

I think they were mostly educational/language/learning programs which used that feature.

Other computers? I doubt it, since the Atari 8-bit is the only machine I can think of which has audio-in from the cassette interface and mixes the tape audio into it's own.

Many other computers of the era just used normal cassette players with an earphone socket, which on most players will mute the speaker.

I think they were mostly educational/language/learning programs which used that feature.

Other computers? I doubt it, since the Atari 8-bit is the only machine I can think of which has audio-in from the cassette interface and mixes the tape audio into it's own.

Many other computers of the era just used normal cassette players with an earphone socket, which on most players will mute the speaker.

I recall the Apple][ did that "normal cassette players with an earphone socket" that was so odd to me :? I guss I just liked my Atari 1010.

My first guess is that would probably be one of the only programs produced that way (those that relied on a cassette drive might not even have a disk drive, and those with disk drives had little patience for cassettes).

BTW as far as I'm aware, the language series of programs made by Atari was only sold on cassette.