IGNORED

Food Fight Easter Egg Found!

DanBoris

Well, after pouring over the code for a couple hours I can confirm that there is an Easter Egg in Food Fight! Thanks to "audiemurphy" for starting me on the trail of this. Here are the steps to access the easter egg, which I have confirmed on the real hardware:

1. Play one game up to at least level 23. This is easy if you set the skill to beginner and start on level 16.

2. After that game, on the level select screen, select level 23.

3. Hold the pause button on the console and do the following sequence with the joystick: Up, Down, Right, Left, Up, Down, Right, Left.

If you do that all right it should display the message.

Dan

Edited by DanBoris

Talk about coincidence! I've recentally been in put touch with Keith, so I showed him a picture of the easter egg. Here's what he said:

Thank you for sending me that screen shot of the easter egg! That

brings back memories. Yes, I hid it really well to make sure that no

one would ever find it and remove it. And then it remained hidden for

20 years...interesting!

Apperently he hid it a little too well. Even he couldn't remember how to trigger it. :)

Tempest

Apperently he hid it a little too well. Even he couldn't remember how to trigger it. :)

Seems to happen often-- like with the Ninja Golf easter egg. The author knew it was there, but didn't know how to produce it. So, there's possibilities that things like this are still around in other games, which is totally cool!

If we ever find the Ikari Warriors warp code, I can die happy. :)

-John

-John

It's in an old issue of Nintendo Power. I still have those things, but I have no idea what issue it's in. I just remember it's ridiculously long, but it did work when I tried it a long time ago.

-John

It's in an old issue of Nintendo Power. I still have those things, but I have no idea what issue it's in. I just remember it's ridiculously long, but it did work when I tried it a long time ago.

I just realized you were obviously talking about the Atari version. I'm a little dense sometimes.

• 6 months later...

BTW -- just a clarification....earlier this year I was at Inky's house, and he couldn't get the Easter egg to work...

The thing is - note the wording of the post: SELECT level 23; don't actually START it.

Wow...resurrecting old threads is fun! :-D

• 2 years later...