IGNORED

Stereo POKEY Cartridge Prototypes

classics

I have three prototypes of a Stereo POKEY Cartridge for sale. These were produced a few years ago but because its so hard to get a decent number of POKEY chips I never made a production run.

They cost about $50 each to make all said and done. I'd like to recoup some of the cost of making them, so if anyone is interested in one for $35 shipped please drop me a PM. I will ship anywhere.

There were only three ever made and its extremely unlikely I'll ever make more. They come in a case with a plain white prototype label as shown. The PCB is what they look like inside, but they will come in a cartridge shell.

There was software posted here when I last talked about them that will play RMT files through the cartridge. They work best with a pair of headphones that contains a volume control.

Thanks

Steve

post-934-1143791165_thumb.jpg

is it compatible to any steroe software?

Existing stero software would have to be modified to change the POKEY addresses. The RMT player I posted is the only program I personally modified to work with it.

So I assume they map to somewhere in the $D5xx region?

And don't affect RAM or BASIC on XLs?

The POKEY chips are at $d500 and $d580. Its not recognized as having any rom, so the computer wont detect any cart inserted, so no effect on ram or basic.

Steve

$35.00 is a decent deal just for the 2 pokey chips, themselves, and the cart case. If you add up what that stuff costs, parts-wise.

What'd be kewl as hell is to plug that into a machine that has dual pokey hardwired in the traditional manner, and write a sound tracker that uses 4 pokey chips. heheh.

Edited by MEtalGuy66