IGNORED

4 Port 5200 AC Adapter fuse blown

brianrus

So I read the FAQ and went down to Radio Shack, bought Part #270-1027 stupidly thinking that was all I needed to replace the fuse in my 4 Port 5200 AC Adapter.. and soon realized I didn't have the leads to attach to the board. Duh..

I've read a couple of posts that suggest going to Walmart or some MDK electronics site where the link no longer works, but haven't found a real solid answer on what to go look for.

Has anyone replaced the fuse (i'm sure many people have) and if so, what did you use? Either for the fuse itself or the fuse holder, or both?

It was only $3, but now those fuses I bought are a waste, unless i can find a holder with leads for them. I see the one that was originally on there were just like "caps" made by Bel on the end of the fuse with leads for soldering. Anywhere I can just find those?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

So I read the FAQ and went down to Radio Shack, bought Part #270-1027 stupidly thinking that was all I needed to replace the fuse in my 4 Port 5200 AC Adapter.. and soon realized I didn't have the leads to attach to the board. Duh..

I've read a couple of posts that suggest going to Walmart or some MDK electronics site where the link no longer works, but haven't found a real solid answer on what to go look for.

Has anyone replaced the fuse (i'm sure many people have) and if so, what did you use? Either for the fuse itself or the fuse holder, or both?

It was only $3, but now those fuses I bought are a waste, unless i can find a holder with leads for them. I see the one that was originally on there were just like "caps" made by Bel on the end of the fuse with leads for soldering. Anywhere I can just find those?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

to make a pigtail fuse get yourself two pieces if bare wire and put solder on both ends of fuse and attach wire then insert into pcb.

ken