IGNORED

would like too Know !?

NAPO

got a Atari 400/800/XL SIO2PC with a 6FT cable comming from http://www.atarimax.com/.

This is all new to me using Atari 8 bit computers with my H Ps computers, now days !!! I know more about My Atari computers, then the Windows computers !!! When I put My 8 bit Atari away, just came out with a program that Emulation and Atari ST disktop, may still have the program, but have alot of disk to look at !!!

What can I do with this SIO2PC ???

Can i move all my 5 1/4 disks to my H P ???

and can I more the files i have like XEX or ATRs to a atari 5 1/4 disk and use them on one of my Atari computers !??

so much is new again !!! But this is the most fun I have in years !!! Using the Ataris again and all the new people, still got them going and using them and adding new hardwarz and softwarz again !!!

Thanks !!!

N.A.O.P.

P.S., some things I don't talk about any more, that was years ago, will try to find My BBS program and try to get it up again, so I can show yous all the welcome screen and that should answer any questions, on Me and the N.A.P.O.

Thanks again !!!

post-8973-1144018758_thumb.jpg

NAPO - a word I havent heard in a long time :)

Short answer to the above - Yes!

A SIO2PC cable with a working 1050 and 8bit computer will allow you to move disks between your PC and 8bit with ease. You can easily move .ATR files since they are essentially images of disks.

.XEX or .EXE files are a bit different. You can get these onto the Atari but you may need to use different software.

NAPO - a word I havent heard in a long time :)

Short answer to the above - Yes!

A SIO2PC cable with a working 1050 and 8bit computer will allow you to move disks between your PC and 8bit with ease. You can easily move .ATR files since they are essentially images of disks.

.XEX or .EXE files are a bit different. You can get these onto the Atari but you may need to use different software.

You can use A.P.E/SIO2PC to copy .XEX and .EXE, and .com etc. All you have to do is load DOS up on the 8-bit (assuming you have a drive and the SIO2PC) using your physical drive as D1: and mount a "mirror" image on the PC as D2:, then on the Atari just copy the files from D2: to D1:(your real floppy disk or A8 hardrive if you have one). The whole point of A.P.E and Sio2PC is that it works just like real disk drives and you just you DOS to copy between the two drives just like you would with two REAL Atari drives. No extra software needed (except for an Atari compatible DOS on the 8-bit side).

Edited by Gunstar