IGNORED

Memory upgrade

badbrad

I'd like to upgrade my 400 to 64K. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Maybe somebody here even has the parts.

I dont know who has a current upgrade for a 400, but you might consider talking to warerat and see if he will modify his 800 upgrade for you. He has upgraded 800s to 32k OS boards and XL OS. It might cost you a pretty penny though and you would lose joystick ports 3&4.

I would advise you to get a 800 and warerat's OS. This has a real keyboard and leaves your 400 in prestine condition.

I'd like to upgrade my 400 to 64K. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Maybe somebody here even has the parts.

B&C sells the original Atari memory upgrade for the 400. It is listed as a 48k upgrade but the board itself says 64k. I'm sure part of it is reserved memory. I have it installed in mine and it works great.

From B&C's site:

ACA020 MEMORY 48K UPGRADE 400 14.95

My whole issue is this. I would like to play Shamus II while retaining my ability to play the other Synapse carts. Is there a workaround on the 800XL to play the old Synapse carts reliably?

Are you saying you have a 800xl too? And just want to run 400/800 carts on the 800xl?

Edited by Almost Rice

My whole issue is this. I would like to play Shamus II while retaining my ability to play the other Synapse carts. Is there a workaround on the 800XL to play the old Synapse carts reliably?

Are you saying you have a 800xl too? And just want to run 400/800 carts on the 800xl?

I'm saying that the XL has an issue playing Synapse carts.

And yes, I do have an 800XL.

I'm saying that the XL has an issue playing Synapse carts.

And yes, I do have an 800XL.

Talk to classics. I think he is the one that sells APE Warp+ for XL/XE computers. That is the multi OS that should allow you to use the 800xl with 400/800 OS. Alternatively you could buy one of his 1Mbit or 8Mbit carts. Then load up XL/XE fixed versions of the game onto those carts.

Edited by Almost Rice