IGNORED

Tetris

walter_J64bit

i can't see Tetris working to well with the controller, especially on higher levels with fast moving pieces.

Use the Keypad.

Button 1 = Rotate Clockwise

Button 2 = Rotate Counter-Clockwise

4 = Left

6 = Right

8 = Accelerate Down

0 = Slam Down

Atari should have done the same thing for Asteroids. (Which was originally played with buttons, anyway.) It seems like such an obvious solution that you'd think the engineers/programmers would have thought of it. Then again, it's possible that they did think of it and got the usual, "That's a stupid idea and would make Atari look bad!" type of answer from management. :(

i can't see Tetris working to well with the controller, especially on higher levels with fast moving pieces.

Use the Keypad.

Button 1 = Rotate Clockwise

Button 2 = Rotate Counter-Clockwise

4 = Left

6 = Right

8 = Accelerate Down

0 = Slam Down

Atari should have done the same thing for Asteroids. (Which was originally played with buttons, anyway.) It seems like such an obvious solution that you'd think the engineers/programmers would have thought of it. Then again, it's possible that they did think of it and got the usual, "That's a stupid idea and would make Atari look bad!" type of answer from management. :(

Atari did same thing with the Jag game pad too. :roll:

Edited by walter_J64bit

Asteroids did use buttons in a layout designed for 2 hands - I cant imagine trying to mash down on the 5200 keypad to fire with 1 hand and the other operating the left/right - Maybe they did do some testing there ;)

Asteroids was originally going to be marketed with its own arcade like controller. This is probably why the game was never released even though it has the lowest CX number assigned to it.

Asteroids did use buttons in a layout designed for 2 hands - I cant imagine trying to mash down on the 5200 keypad to fire with 1 hand and the other operating the left/right - Maybe they did do some testing there ;)

But there the Joystick Coupler the left hand keypad you use it to rotate left, right plus thrust and the right hand keypad is for hyperspace and fire. ;)

We've heard from a few people about how they HAVE the MHS 5200 multicart, but never any info about how the games play on it. I asked if anyone wanted to share details regarding the "Irata's Quest" game, and nobody responded.

I do have a copy of the "Super Attack Battle" game, but I believe there is a problem with the airplane variation of the game regarding the scoring. A friend of mine and I once played it, and we couldn't figure out who was winning! I'm not sure if this was a bug, and if it was fixed in the multicart version or not.

I know this a different topic, but I think Galaga on the 5200 could be done, and could look pretty good! The only problem is that a homebrewer could never release the game...not for money, anyway.

I know this a different topic, but I think Galaga on the 5200 could be done, and could look pretty good! The only problem is that a homebrewer could never release the game...not for money, anyway.

Right, and nobody could ever sell arcade-perfect ports of Space Invaders or Pac-Man for the Colecovision.

We've heard from a few people about how they HAVE the MHS 5200 multicart, but never any info about how the games play on it. I asked if anyone wanted to share details regarding the "Irata's Quest" game, and nobody responded.

I do have a copy of the "Super Attack Battle" game, but I believe there is a problem with the airplane variation of the game regarding the scoring. A friend of mine and I once played it, and we couldn't figure out who was winning! I'm not sure if this was a bug, and if it was fixed in the multicart version or not.

I forget if Irata's Quest is on there or not but if it is it's just the same version that was posted on AA. The rest of the games are the same as their original Atari-named versions. The one other exception is Blocade which I would describe at best as 'OK'. Nothing to write home about.

Allan

Right, and nobody could ever sell arcade-perfect ports of Space Invaders or Pac-Man for the Colecovision.

Well, you could, but very few people want to set their TV on it's side every time they play PacMan.