IGNORED

Lynx 2 Backlight Option: Performing Correctly?

bedouin

I just received my first Lynx ever today and figured that if one turns off the backlight, you could still play the game -- kind of like the Gameboy Advance. When I turn the backlight off however, the screen is not decipherable. Is this behavior correct? What's the point of being able to turn the backlight off then, just to save the battery while pausing?

yeap that normal.... Total darkness with it off. This was mainly for you to save battery life when you paused the game an had to run away for a few min. When using 6 batteries every min/dollar counts.

The light in the Lynx however is pretty strong. I took the back off one of mine to clean it out and the light from it alone was enough to light up a totally pitch black room 14x16. No wonder it sucked down so much juice

I hope you didn't want to play it like a gba advance!I love my backlit screen.When gba advance first come out i thought of getting one,Till i tried it in the shop and to my disgust it had no backlight.Unbelievable.I have never had the light fail on me,so i cannot comment on that sorry. :)

No, but the option would have been nice. If you're in a well-lit area the GBA is playable without an additional light. Plus with a machine of the Lynx's vintage you want to take all precautions to keep it running, or wearing out the backlight.

No, the backlight is not an LED. I wish there was a replacement available as I have a Lynx 2 with a dead backlight, it failed whilst I was playing it, luckily I have another unit to use. If anyone knows where you can get replacement backlights I would love to know.

The backlight seems to have a pretty good life though as I have not heard (or read) of many failing.