IGNORED

Atari 7800 Touchdown Football

jpfalcon2003

This game is a game that i didn't get with the rest of the 7800 carts i grew up with. I acquired this one recently to get the few remaining i needed to make my 7800 complete.

I was impressed with the screenshots and graphics I seen till I opened it up and played it. The gameplay is absolutely terrible and the animation is very slow and choppy. Was this game even tested before it was sent out the door? The game sounds are awful too and they really should have omitted the chearleader all together. I had no idea what the hell that even was.lol

I was expecting this one to be better than the football titles released for the 2600. I have to give it better than the original Football game, but not by much.lol

The original Football game I never played, but after i seen the screenshots of it, I wouldn't be able to play it and control my laughter.

I did play the 2600 Realsports Football game, and it was decent. Not a bad game. The flicker bothered me occasionally but it was nicely playable.

2600 Super Football is totally an awesome game. Not only were the graphics outstanding, the gameplay was as well. I liked the whole 3-D look effect. I'm not to much of a sports playing game, but really had alot of fun with this one. In my eyes, it was far superior to the Touchdown Football for the 7800 system.

5200 Super Football I never played, so if someone has, I'd like to know someone's opinion on it.

Overall so far I found 2600 Super Fotball to be the best Football game for the Atari systems