IGNORED

Completed Zellers

Omegamatrix

If it plays in Black and White on an NTSC TV it's PAL, if it plays in color it's NTSC or PAL-M. Well, that's how I rule it in my book. :cool:

In all honesty, NTSC has a better refresh rate and PAL has better resolution. Either way we're all forced to work with what we have.

Absolutely... but Rom Hunter doesn't have the cart - he's going by what someone else has said. :)

It's why for the PAL rarity database I always require that the contributors check before filling an entry in... which most of them do, luckily.

@Rom Hunter:

Taiwan exported carts across the world - that includes NTSC countries. :) I think there's a fair few out there but they tend to be overlooked by the NTSC collectors (snobs that they are ;) )

Absolutely... but Rom Hunter doesn't have the cart - he's going by what someone else has said. :)
Actually, I'm not going by what someone else has said.

I've seen the picture of the cart, so I added it to the database.

And if Sr. Ferraz can proof it's NTSC, I will change it to NTSC.

Easy as pie.

@Rom Hunter:

Taiwan exported carts across the world - that includes NTSC countries. :) I think there's a fair few out there but they tend to be overlooked by the NTSC collectors (snobs that they are ;) )

I think so too, Spirantho.

If only I would have a list of these...

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

>>>>>>>>>>>

So what are all these games exactly anyway? Well a list of there equivilants are as follows:

Busy Police = Keystone Kapers (Activision)

Challenge (NTSC) = Challenge (PAL) HES

Circus (uses joystick) = Circus Atari (uses paddles) Atari

Dragon Treasure = Dragonfire (Imagic)

Earth Attack = Defender (Atari)

Farmer Dan = Gopher (US Games)

Freeway = Freeway (Activision)

Frontline = Combat (Atari)

Inca Gold = Spider Maze (K-Tel Network)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a question on the Inca Gold. All of the Inca Gold carts I have ever checked have been a copy of Bank Heist. Of course, most of the carts came from the same lot of carts I bought from a Canadian wholesaler when I was running Atari2600.com.

Has anyone else any input into this puzzle?

JerryG

>>>>>>>>>>>

So what are all these games exactly anyway? Well a list of there equivilants are as follows:

Busy Police = Keystone Kapers (Activision)

Challenge (NTSC) = Challenge (PAL) HES

Circus (uses joystick) = Circus Atari (uses paddles) Atari

Dragon Treasure = Dragonfire (Imagic)

Earth Attack = Defender (Atari)

Farmer Dan = Gopher (US Games)

Freeway = Freeway (Activision)

Frontline = Combat (Atari)

Inca Gold = Spider Maze (K-Tel Network)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a question on the Inca Gold. All of the Inca Gold carts I have ever checked have been a copy of Bank Heist. Of course, most of the carts came from the same lot of carts I bought from a Canadian wholesaler when I was running Atari2600.com.

Has anyone else any input into this puzzle?

JerryG

Definitely not a copy of Bank Heist, Jerry G! The most close screen shot I can get is this:

s_SpiderMaze_2.png

That is a shot of Spider Maze. However the Inca Gold rom doesn't display the Funvision logo like this:

s_SpiderMaze_1.png

Unless I just can't find it. I own two Inca Golds. I'm going to dump the rom soon...I just need some time. ;)

Well I tried and tried finding that Funvision logo, and couldn't. Finally I booted up Spider Maze in the emulator and saw where the Funvision logo should be. Guess what folks! We got two different roms going on here inside Inca Gold carts. This is a very interesting discovery! :cool:

Both of mine Inca Gold carts have no logo at all on the screen. Everything else looks the same. One of these Inca Gold carts I pulled straight out of a Zellers Inca Gold box too. It wasn't sealed, but the owner only had seven Atari 2600 games, and all were complete in box and in very good shape. I trust it's authentic.

@Shawn Sr. is your Inca Gold a fat label or thin label out of curiosity?

@JerryG I have never seen a Bank Heist, but from what you say it explains AtariGuide's entry a lot:

http://www.atariguide.com/9/982.htm

What do you remember of this wholesaler? Can you shed some more light?

One thing that troubles me is that if Bank Heist is a Zellers cart why has a Bank Heist box never turned up after all these years? Another thing I find peculiar is that the Inca Gold label is reused. I know 2600 Compatible carts often reused the same label across many titles, but all the Zellers titles have different labels for each title (excluding the Laaser Voley misprint).

AFAIK Inca Gold from Zellers doesn't have the Funvision logo on screen.

8)

I believe Shawn Sr. has owned some Spider Maze's in the past. I PM'd him asking to please double check his Inca Gold cart in case he just remembered the Funvision logo on the screen. I'm hoping he replies soon as I'm dying too know myself. If he confirms the Inca Gold It'll be a great discovery. :cool:

What is unusual is that it is a fat label, but in small letters!!! This is a font I have never seen on a Zellers cart before.

Just had a look at my lot of Zellers carts and I have a Dragon Treasure with the same style of writing...

post-4591-1151793941_thumb.jpg

What is unusual is that it is a fat label, but in small letters!!! This is a font I have never seen on a Zellers cart before.

Just had a look at my lot of Zellers carts and I have a Dragon Treasure with the same style of writing...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Malc74. :D

Yes indeed Sr. Ferraz, another label Omega has to find to complete his collection. Must...have...fat label...Dragon Treasure

* groans *

There is no Funvision logo on my Inca Gold. I was wrong ;) I must have been memberin' my Spider Maze....lol... :dunce:

Quite all right, Shawn. I've had the same thing happen before with Ocean City Defender believe it or not. I'm really glad you've helped set the record straight here! :)

Cheers,

Omega

I remember looking high and low for an Ocean City Defender that had an Imagic logo in the screen. I'm glad we put that to rest finally, Rom. :music:

Rom, lets open a can of worms and talk about rumoured 2600 Compatible carts that are supposed to be NTSC, and were not sold by Zellers. All that I have heard up to this point is pure speculation so I'm asking you, what do you know? Do you suspect that there are really any carts like this? If they exist what country do they come from? Mexico?? What do you know? (I'm really talking about Zellers look a-like carts here). AFAIK Zellers had the only NTSC carts of this kind, and what I'm dying to know about is those carts that keep turning up in Brazil. Are they NTSC or PAL-M (there is really a difference between the two for all those that care! It's in the colors). I could really see this Taiwan company sending NTSC carts to a Brazil (which is PAL-M) as their quality control seemed to be second to last. In the end a NTSC rom would run on their TV's without rolling. The colors would just be a little "off".

This would lead to a whole heck of a lot people screaming about new Zellers carts when they bought one of these off someone on eBay who original got the cart from Brazil. This is the primary reason why I stick to boxes for confirmation of Zellers carts.

I see a lot of Dragon Treasures and Laser Volley's turn up in the States for some reason.

I remember looking high and low for an Ocean City Defender that had an Imagic logo in the screen. I'm glad we put that to rest finally, Rom. :music:

Rom, lets open a can of worms and talk about rumoured 2600 Compatible carts that are supposed to be NTSC, and were not sold by Zellers. All that I have heard up to this point is pure speculation so I'm asking you, what do you know? Do you suspect that there are really any carts like this? If they exist what country do they come from? Mexico?? What do you know? (I'm really talking about Zellers look a-like carts here). AFAIK Zellers had the only NTSC carts of this kind, and what I'm dying to know about is those carts that keep turning up in Brazil. Are they NTSC or PAL-M (there is really a difference between the two for all those that care! It's in the colors). I could really see this Taiwan company sending NTSC carts to a Brazil (which is PAL-M) as their quality control seemed to be second to last. In the end a NTSC rom would run on their TV's without rolling. The colors would just be a little "off".

This would lead to a whole heck of a lot people screaming about new Zellers carts when they bought one of these off someone on eBay who original got the cart from Brazil. This is the primary reason why I stick to boxes for confirmation of Zellers carts.

I see a lot of Dragon Treasures and Laser Volley's turn up in the States for some reason.

I add a new Zellers title if I've seen the box of the cart with a printed Zellers square.

It's total BS to believe you have found a new Zellers cart only because it looks like a Zellers cart (yes, even if it's a NTSC cart).

I really think some of the Taiwanese Atari 2600 Compatible and Cooper Black carts are in fact NTSC (or exist also as NTSC versions besides their PAL counterparts).

But again: I have to see the ROM dump first, before I change it into NTSC (or add a new NTSC version to the PAL version).

Saying that you found, bought or played it in (PAL-M) Brazil or (NTSC) US or Canada doesn't mean anything to me.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Good to know you are thorough, Rom. I hate calling anything a Zellers cart myself without a box too. Remember you did make an exception for Laaser Voley though. I too think it's *probably* a Zellers cart that came in a Laser Volley box as a misspelled label. I ordered a Laser Volley NIB off Atari2600.com, and I'm really praying for a Laaser Voley to pop out even though I know it's a slim chance. It'd put this debacle all to rest.

The way I see it right know there is one category for Zellers carts (which are confirmed by a Zellers box, and NTSC format), and another for Atari 2600 Compatible carts in NTSC format (which is where I would stick Laaser Voley until it can be absolutely confirmed as Zellers).

What I would really like to see is a list of what countries had what Atari 2600 Compatible carts in what format. Did Australia have PAL Atari 2600 Compatible carts for example? Where there any in Brazil in PAL-M format? Rom dumps will help a lot.

Very nice, I still need 7 more boxed Zellers games to finish off my collection.

:cool: :ponder: :sad:

I only need five more boxed.I got all mine at atari2600.com.The boxes are not much to talk about, just blank red boxes.

Have you checked your cart. Is it Space Maze or Bank Heist?

JerryG