IGNORED

Completed Zellers

Omegamatrix

With all respect who's to say that guys like "Rom Hunter" (not saying Rom directly as a person) or anyone else has the authority to say what is what when it comes to Zellers titles? I mean is all cool to talk fast and show pictures but the dudes like that don't even collect Atari games and just collect up images off the internet from other people and cart dumps from other people. Really would you say that Anderson Cooper is a Afgan expert just because he talks about it on TV? I sure wouldn't espcially with who often the news gets reported wrong. Just like all this "it's not NTSC untill I says it is" bullshit.

EDIT: maybe I should make a picture perfect box to go along with my zellers Air Raid cart I made and change the scanline count and send it to CNN. :ponder:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

What exactly are you trying to say here, Shawn?

Collectors know more because they collect?

And who exactly do you mean when you say: guys like Rom Hunter?

And who exactly is talking "it's not NTSC untill I says it is" bullshit?

Most certainly not persons I want to be compared with.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Well I tried and tried finding that Funvision logo, and couldn't. Finally I booted up Spider Maze in the emulator and saw where the Funvision logo should be. Guess what folks! We got two different roms going on here inside Inca Gold carts. This is a very interesting discovery! :cool:

Both of mine Inca Gold carts have no logo at all on the screen. Everything else looks the same. One of these Inca Gold carts I pulled straight out of a Zellers Inca Gold box too. It wasn't sealed, but the owner only had seven Atari 2600 games, and all were complete in box and in very good shape. I trust it's authentic.

@Shawn Sr. is your Inca Gold a fat label or thin label out of curiosity?

@JerryG I have never seen a Bank Heist, but from what you say it explains AtariGuide's entry a lot:

http://www.atariguide.com/9/982.htm

What do you remember of this wholesaler? Can you shed some more light?

My memory is not what it once was so things are a bit hazy. As I remember it, the dealer was from a small town north of Toronto. The name Acadamy Software sort of rings a bell but I am not sure.

The dealer had about 20,000 boxed games. I purchased about 4500 of them, about 100 titles, including a variety of Zellers games. As I recall, some of the non-Zellers games had Zellers lables on them also. I suspected that the dealer had bought a large lot of surplus Zellers stock.

I don't have much more information on the purchase. I just opened some of the games of each title and checked out what game was actually included when I was working on my JerryG Guide to the Classic Games. As I noted before, the several Inca Gold carts I looked at actually contained Bank Heist and this is how I listed it in the Guide until just a few days ago when I changed it to Space Maze. I don't know if all of the Inca Gold games I had were Bank Heist, nor do I know if Joe at Atari2600.com has any left and if so what they contain. Someone else here indicated that they had bought one from him but I don't know what game it actually contained.

The mislabeledd Bank Heist games would seem to indicate that maybe Zellers did release a Bank Heist game but until someone turns up a boxed one we will never know for sure.

Sorry I don't have any other information on this. By the way, I checked to see what game was actually on the Inca Gold in my collection and it is Spider Maze, without the Funvision logo.

Edited by JerryG

The dealer had about 20,000 boxed games. I purchased about 4500 of them, about 100 titles, including a variety of Zellers games. As I recall, some of the non-Zellers games had Zellers lables on them also. I suspected that the dealer had bought a large lot of surplus Zellers stock.

What exactly do you mean by some of the non-Zellers games had Zellers games on them? Are you talking about an Atari brand cartridge with both a Zellers front and end labels? I wish I could go back in time and see what you were opening. I find this to be very unusual. If you could remember what the original game was, what Zellers labels were stuck over it, what box it came in, and how it was sealed I would be very grateful. Also was their another label underneath the Zellers label or just the Zellers label period?

I don't have much more information on the purchase. I just opened some of the games of each title and checked out what game was actually included when I was working on my JerryG Guide to the Classic Games. As I noted before, the several Inca Gold carts I looked at actually contained Bank Heist and this is how I listed it in the Guide until just a few days ago when I changed it to Space Maze. I don't know if all of the Inca Gold games I had were Bank Heist, nor do I know if Joe at Atari2600.com has any left and if so what they contain. Someone else here indicated that they had bought one from him but I don't know what game it actually contained.

JerryG if I'm understanding you right you are saying you opened a box for Inca Gold with the "Zellers" logo on it, found a cart with the end label printed "Bank Heist" and the skull island picture on it, but actually contained the Bank Heist rom in it instead of the pirated Spider Maze one? Is this right? Do you remember if the box was sealed or not, and if so how was it sealed? By some scotch tape?

982.jpg

982e.jpg

Sorry if it's a lot of questions. I'm really trying to get as many details that I can though. I do realize it has been a long time ago and it's hard to remember all the fine points. I'd kill to go back in time and see what you are seeing. Thank you for contributing so far JerryG. :)

What exactly do you mean by some of the non-Zellers games had Zellers games on them? Are you talking about an Atari brand cartridge with both a Zellers front and end labels? I wish I could go back in time and see what you were opening. I find this to be very unusual. If you could remember what the original game was, what Zellers labels were stuck over it, what box it came in, and how it was sealed I would be very grateful. Also was their another label underneath the Zellers label or just the Zellers label period?

JerryG if I'm understanding you right you are saying you opened a box for Inca Gold with the "Zellers" logo on it, found a cart with the end label printed "Bank Heist" and the skull island picture on it, but actually contained the Bank Heist rom in it instead of the pirated Spider Maze one? Is this right? Do you remember if the box was sealed or not, and if so how was it sealed? By some scotch tape?

982.jpg

982e.jpg

Sorry if it's a lot of questions. I'm really trying to get as many details that I can though. I do realize it has been a long time ago and it's hard to remember all the fine points. I'd kill to go back in time and see what you are seeing. Thank you for contributing so far JerryG. :)

The other games had little price stickers on with the Zellers name on the stickers. The cart end lable was Inca Gold, not Bank Heist. Sorry I can't remember other details, it's been too long and too many facts have crowded my brain over the years.

JerryG

I was going threw a few of my Zellers carts and found this one:

...j/k.... :P

Shawn Sr was that an actual Air Raid in a Zellers cart or something else entirely? Just couldn't keep away it seems ;)

Edited by Foxsolo2000

Just like all this "it's not NTSC untill I says it is" bullshit.

It's true, NTSC and PAL-M are pretty much the same damn thing. PAL-M will play on an NTSC television set and not a PAL set...deal with it. PAL-M is not PAL.

Question #1: Is PAL-M the same as NTSC?

Answer: No.

Question #2: Is PAL-M the same as NTSC?

Answer: Yes.

Edited by ResOGlas

Just like all this "it's not NTSC untill I says it is" bullshit.

It's true, NTSC and PAL-M are pretty much the same damn thing. PAL-M will play on an NTSC television set and not a PAL set...deal with it. PAL-M is not PAL.

Question #1: Is PAL-M the same as NTSC?

Answer: No.

Question #2: Is PAL-M the same as NTSC?

Answer: Yes.

Actually, there is no such thing as a PAL-M game. :)

Shawn Sr was that an actual Air Raid in a Zellers cart or something else entirely? Just couldn't keep away it seems ;)

It's a Shawn Sr. original pirate.

@Fox: I made the cart, it is a 100 percent fake just like the real Air Raid :lol:

It's a Shawn Sr. original pirate.

@Fox: I made the cart, it is a 100 percent fake just like the real Air Raid :lol:

Now that is another question entirely. Has anyone asertained that Air Raid is a fake or not? Anyway thanks for clearing that up ;)

Actually, there is no such thing as a PAL-M game. :)

Really? :?

I thought all my Brazilian bootleg carts were supposed to be Pal-M?

Really, Brazillian consoles/TV's etc. are PAL-M, not the games. :)

• 1 month later...

So Bank Heist is pal after all. I'll admit I have never seen one over here, but I held a small hope that there could be a long lost NTSC cart. Seems more likely know that the AtariGuide listing is a case of mistaken identity.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL

Thanks for the scan, Omegamatrix.

I'll add it immediately.

Could you also make a scan of the front?

The box front scan in our database is a bit out of angle.

BTW: I've answered your question about Home Vision on our forum.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 1 month later...

Today has been a great day as I finally completed my thin label loose variations without grips for Zellers. I've included some scans below of some my label variations, plus the complete set in thin label font. This is the first time I have ever seen the entire set together in the thin label font! I'm so happy. :D

post-7074-1161673826_thumb.jpg

post-7074-1161673855_thumb.jpg

Very nice Jeff!!

Lol, there's more. I know there's more. The hunt is what makes it so exciting. I'm so glad too to help document this collection. I wish Marcos would photograph his completed box colletion soon. It'd be a thing of beauty. :lust: I know he'd have to dig a lot of boxes out of storage though. Anyhow I try to keep up with all the serious collectors when it comes to Zellers. :D