IGNORED

The initial UK release of the 7800 and later 7800 syst's

carmel_andrews

I seem to remember that the initial 7800 (UK version) featured a Nes/Sms alike game controller, except it had a little joystick like thing where the thumbpad was

Subsequently in later versions of the 7800 (UK version) they replaced the nes/sms alike games controller with the standard cx40 stick

What was the reason for this change

Also I remember seeing the original UK 7800 in a Atari show near victoria station london, it was the innards of the 7800 in a glass enclosure on Atari's own stand either late 1986 or early 1987, i was just wondering, as Atari weren't going to release this system of at least a year (due to Atari UK, market research pointing out that the UK/Euro market was still tape/disk driven and would be better served with a system with these storage capabilities (hence xegs), was the 7800 that was shown at the atari show a warners 7800 (with expansion and sio port) or the tramiel version (less expansion/sio port)

Surprising similar post to the one you made in the 8bit section!

The show was at the Novatel in Hammersmith - the 7800 was show, as were 7800 "pods" with playable games...

See the 8bit reply for the truth about joypads...

sTeVE

Edited by Jetboot Jack