IGNORED

Sprite Help: How To Draw A Pouch

Shawn

Hey All,

Having some trouble making a decent looking "magic bag\pouch" sprite for a game I'm working on. The dimensions are a MAX of 16 x 8 pixels but I would like to keep it to around 10 x 8 if possible (even 8x8 would work). Here is some images of the type of idea I'm trying to get. Also it has to be 1 color also and it's going agenst a black backgound so any detailing would have to be simple (??). Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Cheers,

Shawn Sr.

Having some trouble making a decent looking "magic bag\pouch" sprite for a game I'm working on. The dimensions are a MAX of 16 x 8 pixels but I would like to keep it to around 10 x 8 if possible (even 8x8 would work).

Here are a few attempts I made. If it's going to be against a black background, you'll probably want to use a nice golden or silvery color.

Michael Rideout

post-7456-1146032350.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I like the third one the best. Why the McDonald's logo, though?

JR

It was supposed to be "m" for "magic." I tried to do a star, but it looked terrible. Anyway, I figured that if Shawn liked any of them, he would probably create his own sprite using one of my attempts as a basic guideline-- and he could easily color in the "m" if he didn't like it. :)

Michael Rideout

• 2 weeks later...

Although... heh. I don't like the star... it made me think Nintendo FRP immediately.

I saw the "M" inverse, too, so I didn't see an "M" I saw lines, like folds in the material of the bag. Once the M was pointed out, it ruined that effect, though. :)