IGNORED

Atari games on Windows(why not)

steamman

I am a great believer in the older gaming, especially the Atari ones, Like Cloak of Death, Quest for Eternity, The Hacker, Silent Service, And Payoff, in fact any of the old XL 800 games.I would love to replay them on windows xp, but I dont know how to find the EMULATOR for these games, Also I would like to know how to unzip and transfer the games to the Emulator. Many thanks

I'm sure someone on here will send you the files through PM or email.

I don't actually have it at the moment.

Anyway, why not get the real thing off ebay? It's lot better than emulation and really cheap.

the "real thing" isn't cheaper than free, and they won't play cartridge games unless you also have those. I play my 8bits often, but I wouldn't say its a "lot better." Its certainly not as easy.

That said, as long as you're playing it on a big old CRT, its all good. And for me on a laptop 24-7, the "real deal" plays... better.

Edited by Atari-Jess

I'm sure someone on here will send you the files through PM or email.

I don't actually have it at the moment.

Anyway, why not get the real thing off ebay? It's lot better than emulation and really cheap.

the "real thing" isn't cheaper than free, and they won't play cartridge games unless you also have those. I play my 8bits often, but I wouldn't say its a "lot better." Its certainly not as easy.

That said, as long as you're playing it on a big old CRT, its all good. And for me on a laptop 24-7, the "real deal" plays... better.

Yeah but it's still cheap, 800XL £20 to £40, and once you've got that most cassette games cost between 50p and £2.

I personally think playing on the real thing feels a lot better, it's way better for nostalgia too, plus it's on a big TV and the graphics don't look as blocky as they do on an emulator.

Plus it's really nice to be able to hold the real game and look at it.

I am a great believer in the older gaming, especially the Atari ones, Like Cloak of Death, Quest for Eternity, The Hacker, Silent Service, And Payoff, in fact any of the old XL 800 games.I would love to replay them on windows xp, but I dont know how to find the EMULATOR for these games, Also I would like to know how to unzip and transfer the games to the Emulator. Many thanks
Bill Hogue, author of Miner 2049'r and Bounty Bob Strikes Back, has released these games in a single self contained program. The emulator is built-in and the games are ready to play. The program can be found at www.bigfivesoftware.com.

For other games you'll need one of the general emulators.

I also like Atari800Win Plus for it's ease of use. Atari++ is very good too.

For the actual game files, Try www.Atarimania.com as a starting point.