IGNORED

Early Lynx games? (Help please from the knowledgable)

OmegaMan

I'm needing to know if there were any other Lynx games done in the ridged/flat-slyles OTHER than THESE:

Chip's Challenge

Blue Lightning

California Games

ElectroCop

Gates of Zendocon

Gauntlet: Third Encounter

Also, I'm guessing these six were the ORIGINAL six Lynx games? I remember early tv spots that showed two boys in toilet stalls playing via a Lynx cable and some of these games were running on the screens. Also, why DID Atari re-format the cartridge styles like this? And why did they settle on the common "curved lip" style? I much prefer the older styles...even though I have the hands of a sasquatch. :P Also, is there like a 'database' or something somewhere where I might SEE those old Lynx ads? .....both video and from magazines and such?

Thanks. :)

Regards

No that is it, just the early Epyx games. Rampage was next on the list and was also shown on the Lynx 1 box in its original form before it was altered to match the arcade more, it was originally to be called Monster Demolition by Epyx and only changed once Atari got the Lynx and the license to Rampage from Bally. Gauntlet 3 was called Tresure Chests too.

They changed the cards because they were hard to get out of the Lynx 1's awkward side slot.

No that is it, just the early Epyx games. Rampage was next on the list and was also shown on the Lynx 1 box in its original form before it was altered to match the arcade more, it was originally to be called Monster Demolition by Epyx and only changed once Atari got the Lynx and the license to Rampage from Bally. Gauntlet 3 was called Tresure Chests too.

They changed the cards because they were hard to get out of the Lynx 1's awkward side slot.

Oh I see....cool. I wasnt aware of any of that. Well I have four of the six, so thats cool. :) Is the Lynx 1 hard to come by? There is a little opening "door" on the end, yes? I like it better judging from pictures I have seen.

Thanks.

Regards,

Neville

Lynx's 1's arn't too hard to come by, a bit harder than Lynx 2's. I prefer the 2 and I have both. The 1 is longer but thinner, the Lynx 2 is shorter but fatter and the 1's card slot is inside a little door in the side handle. Lynx 1 has louder sound too but no backlight switch. Lynx 2 also has a longer battery life.