IGNORED

Attn: Atarimania.

Ross PK

I've noticed on your site that you need the original tape image for The Lone Raider. I'll be receiving the cassette in a coupla days, I could rip it and send it through PM if you want.

Btw, what's the image on your site then, is it a disk image?

Edited by Ross PK

Yes, it would be nice if you could convert it to CAS format ;-)

We just have a file... Basically, someone just cracked the tape and made a convenient executable.

BTW, it seems there are two versions: I believe the original release had an intro similar to the early Atari tapes like Kingdom or States and Capitals...

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

OK - I revisited "The Lone Raider". I've recently changed the motherboard in my PC and the new one has better quality sound hardware.

I've produced two identical, and apparently error-free, .cas files from two different cassettes. Unfortunately, they don't work with the A800WinPlus emulator. The cassettes do work with real hardware, though (which is not what I remembered).

Anyway, I've attached the .cas file in case anyone wants to take a look.

lone_raider_test.zip

What version of the emulator are you using?

The so-called 4.0 Final. Also tried it succesfully under Linux on Atari800 2.0.2.

Kr0tki... So why does it say on the INSTRUCTIONS... that for .cas files, you must have the sio patch ON then eh... (words, words, words)

Really? Where? :roll:

Just remember that after the first part loads and the loading screen is displayed, it turns off SIO sounds, so you will not have any audio feedback for the second part's loading process. Just wait a few minutes and the game will load.

if it helps, i'll try and copy/paste over that page of text

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cassette images (CAS)

An 8-bit Atari computer stored data on a cassette as sound. That is, the contents of a computer-recorded cassette can be played in an ordinary cassette player and recorded to a WAV file using a PC. However, the emulator doesn’t support WAV files. Supported are cassette images that contain binary data, after decoding the sound.

Ernest Schreurs made an utility called WAV2CAS, which converts the sound from Atari cassette to a digital cassette image (CAS). The format handles different lengths of blocks, gaps, non-standard blocks, baud rates and more. At the moment, the CAS format is supported by the emulator only partially. See http://home.planet.nl/~ernest/atarixle.html for the excellent WAV2CAS converter, which includes detailed description of the format.

Alternatively, you may use any file as a cassette image. That’s because any file can be written to Atari’s C: device, being stored in standard Atari OS format.

Usage

The emulator can read and write cassette images. Writing requires the SIO patch to be enabled.

To insert a cassette image, use File/Attach tape (Alt+T) or Cassette Control dialog box. You can position the tape by moving the slider, but usually a cassette image contains only one Atari file (real cassettes often contained many). If you want to write to the cassette image, you will have to move the slider to the “End of tape” position.

To boot the tape, hold Atari Start key (F4), while performing cold start (Shift+F5). Then press Space key. Or just use File/Autoboot image (Alt+B).

See also

Supported file formats

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taken from help topics, cassette images (CAS) page...atari800win v4.0 final (I'm guessing/assuming that the help file for earlier/later versions of atari800win+ use exactly the same text)

Edited by carmel_andrews

if it helps, i'll try and copy/paste over that page of text

(...)

Yes, yes. But, actually, the excerpts you've pasted here are in contradiction with what you are trying to prove. Have you read them carefully?

Edited by Kr0tki