IGNORED

Atari 5200 case project!

Raven1280

Awesome, keep up the great work. Just wanted to drop a note in this thread that I haven't forgotten about them, just been pretty busy catching up on things since returning from the Midwest Gaming Classic. This is now pretty high up on my list of things to do. :)

..Al

Do 2600 carts fit at all in these cases?

They do but not securly they kinda slide around.... I was thinking about making some 7800 inserts though.... 2600 would be a very large project to undertake!

James

:( That kinda sucks. I hate boxes for the sake they are too flimsy to take carts in and out of seeing as they are only cardboard they will tuin over time from use and these plastic cases seemed like a good idea. Too bad they won't really cut it for 2600\7800 carts. IT woul dbe awesome but the whole sliding around thing I wouldn't be able to deal with :(

James -

You are doing such awesome work with these :) Beleive it or not, I'm still trying to find someone local who sells these cases.

I think I may have to bite the bullet, though. If anyone wants to go half with me on the cases (split right down the middle, 50 cases each and split the cost down the middle) let me know.

Bob

James -

You are doing such awesome work with these :) Beleive it or not, I'm still trying to find someone local who sells these cases.

I think I may have to bite the bullet, though. If anyone wants to go half with me on the cases (split right down the middle, 50 cases each and split the cost down the middle) let me know.

Bob

I wonder if these cases are unique to Mediashelving.com or if they are simply buying them from another supplier? If it's the latter, then it may be possible to find these cases from another online vendor who'll sell them in quantities fewer than 100. Otherwise you may have a tough time finding them elsewhere. I would be interested in getting a few of these just to investigate. Could maybe use these to add boxes to the homebrew games we sell, at least for the 5200. :)

..Al

again, if anybody buys these, the sleeve ones, not the other, and has about 2 dozen left over, pm with prices and shipping please.

Anyone actually get a response from this company or cases?

I haven't exactly been beating down thier door but sent a couple inquiries to thier web site for 200 cases and they didnt reply.

Steve

again, if anybody buys these, the sleeve ones, not the other, and has about 2 dozen left over, pm with prices and shipping please.

I haven't exactly been beating down thier door but sent a couple inquiries to thier web site for 200 cases and they didnt reply.

Steve

They replied to me fine.... I wasnt expecting the price they charge for shipping so I wasnt able to order my cases yet... how did you send them messages? I just filled out like I was getting and order then they emailed me with the total price including shipping.

James

I gotta say Bravo! I made some case inserts for my Dreamcast emulators, and it was very time consuming. Since I sat in a cubicle at Intel all day doing nothing, I had the time. As for $12 for a CD, that's cheap. Whoever suggested 6$ is a cheapskate! :D

Heh. I did about the same for about a year prior to being redeployed in April 2003, so I've got to say "Bravo", back.

"Zonie exemplifies dedication to Intel Values in his daily work habits, shows initiative and risk-taking, and has consistently delivered his ARs in a timely manner and with flawless results!"

Edited by Paranoid

Any word yet if the inserts have been put on-line yet?

Nope, and that's entirely my fault. Raven1280 did upload them all, I just need to take the time to put a nice page online with all the inserts. I'll make them available as a single download, or at least a few smaller downloads containing several inserts (so they're easier to grab).

..Al

Any word yet if the inserts have been put on-line yet?

Nope, and that's entirely my fault. Raven1280 did upload them all, I just need to take the time to put a nice page online with all the inserts. I'll make them available as a single download, or at least a few smaller downloads containing several inserts (so they're easier to grab).

..Al

So where will the page be located on the site when its done? Will it be under the archive section under 5200?

James

So where will the page be located on the site when its done? Will it be under the archive section under 5200?

James

Yes, I'm going to create a page that has a thumb of each insert, with a link to download that insert. I will also allow them to be bundled in downloads (for those who want all of them). And finally, I will include a link from each 5200 game in our database to the page displaying all the thumbs. :)

..Al

• 3 weeks later...

Steve

They replied to me fine.... I wasnt expecting the price they charge for shipping so I wasnt able to order my cases yet... how did you send them messages? I just filled out like I was getting and order then they emailed me with the total price including shipping.

James

Is the shipping very expensive then??

Gaztee

:twisted:

Hey, guys...

These cases are awesome. I've been heavily involved in the same project for N64 cases at Cheap Ass Gamer. Like the 5200, the names of the N64 carts can't be seen when stacked on a shelf. Because I have tons more N64 than 5200 carts, I started with that. But, I will soon be hitting all the 5200 cases soon.

Anyway, I have to vouch for mediashelving.com - they have great service. I ordered a set of 100 and it did take a while to come in, but they kept me up to date with emails. When they did come in, there were about 25 cases that were damaged. After contacting them, and sending digital photos of the damage, they sent me another 25 no charge. They were drop shipped from another company, but I don't remember the name of it.

By the way, you can read about the PVC debate here. It was never answered, and is my belief that it won't cause any damage to the carts. You can also see a nifty shot of my hack-job shelves on the second page.

Also, I got 100, and will need more - especially considering how many different carts these things can hold.