IGNORED

Atari 5200 case project!

Raven1280

I'm new here and this being my first post on this site I dont want it to look like im spaming. I put alot of time and effort in this project and would like to share it with everyone. I was inspired by the guys over at snackbargames.com n64 case project and decided to make some case inserts for the Atari5200. So for the last 3 months I've made 99 inserts for US, homebrew and custom conversions. The inserts fit the MEDIASHELVING.com cases. I dont have anywhere to host all these inserts or time to upload them so if anyone would like a copy of them all I ask is $12 to cover the cd-r and S&H. So if you are interested PM me.

Heres a few samples.

BCsQuestForTires.jpg

Miner2049er.jpg

CongoBongo.jpg

WizardofWor.jpg

Klax.jpg

Heres a list of the inserts I made.

U.S. Released

Astrochase

Ballblazer

Beamrider

Berzerk

Blue Print

Boulder Dash II: Rockford’s Revenge

Bounty Bob Strikes Back

Bristles

Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom

Centipede

Choplifter

Congo Bongo

Countermeasure

Decathlon

Defender

Dig Dug

The Dreadnaught Factory

Frogger

Frogger II: Threeedeep!

Galaxin

Gorf

Gremlins

Gyruss

H.E.R.O.

James Bond 007

Joust

Jungle Hunt

K-Razy Shoot-Out

Kaboom!

Kangaroo

Keystone Kaper

Mario Bros.

Megamania

Meteorites

Miner 2049’er

Missile Command

Montezuma’s Revenge

Moon Patrol

Mountain King

Mr. Do!’s Castle

Ms. Pac-Man

Pac-Man

Pengo

Pitfall II: The Lost Caverns

Pitfall

Pole Position

Popeye

Q*Bert

Qix

Quest for Quintana Roo

RealSports Baseball

RealSports Football

RealSports Soccer

RealSports Tennis

Rescue on Fractalus

River Raid

Robotron: 2084

Soccer

Space Dungeon

Space Invaders

Space Shuttle: A Journey Into Space

Star Raiders

Star Trek

Star Wars: Death Star Battle

Star Wars: The Arcade Game

Super Breakout

Super Cobra

Vanguard

Wizard of Wor

Zaxxon

Zenji

Zone Ranger

Homebrews

Beef Drop

Castle Blast

Castle Crisis

Klax

Koff: Yellow Kopter

Multi Cart

Conversions

BC’s Quest for Tires

Crystal Castle

Rally Speedway

Shamus

Spy Hunter

Gateway to Apshai

Jr. Pac-Man

Super Pac-Man

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Caverns of Mars

The finished product. I think the spines look awesome :)

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02263.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a torrent of new Inserts Ive made plus a few that were missing from the original file.

Insert Update torrent

archon

attack of the mutant camels

beefdrop

chicken

claim jumper

jaw breaker

jumperman junior

mr cool

realsports baseball

sinistar

Heres a torrent of all the inserts to date.

5200 Inserts Ver 2.0

Heres the link for my Jaguar DVD case inserts if anyone wants them aswell.

Atari Jaguar DVD case inserts

Its every release but Highlander and Braindead 13.

Heres a torrent of new Inserts Ive made plus a few that were missing from the original file.

Insert Update torrent

archon

beefdrop

chicken

claim jumper

jaw breaker

jumperman junior

mr cool

realsports baseball

sinistar

5200 Inserts Ver 2.0

Can you post an FTP or HTTP download site for these? I don't do torrents. Thanks.

Edited by MrRetroGamer

Can you post an FTP or HTTP download site for these? I don't do torrents. Thanks.

I am downloading them now, I will upload them to AA when I am done. Yeah, I was supposed to put these up a long time ago but I slacked (still want to do a nice page that has all of these available individually, with a thumbnail for each).

..Al

Insert Update torrent

archon

beefdrop

chicken

claim jumper

jaw breaker

jumperman junior

mr cool

realsports baseball

sinistar

5200 Inserts Ver 2.0

No because I dont have either. I uploaded them to atariage because the were supposed to be hosted here. But that was 6 months ago and the page still hasnt been made.

Raven

I am downloading them now, I will upload them to AA when I am done. Yeah, I was supposed to put these up a long time ago but I slacked (still want to do a nice page that has all of these available individually, with a thumbnail for each).

..Al

Yea, Tempest always said you were a slacker. :)

Allan

No because I dont have either. I uploaded them to atariage because the were supposed to be hosted here. But that was 6 months ago and the page still hasnt been made.

Raven

I'm downloading the torrent files now, when they are done I will upload them so people can download them without using the torrents. I'd still like to create a page showcasing the files, but just haven't had time to. If someone wants to help with that, please PM me and we can talk.

..Al

Raven

I'm downloading the torrent files now, when they are done I will upload them so people can download them without using the torrents. I'd still like to create a page showcasing the files, but just haven't had time to. If someone wants to help with that, please PM me and we can talk.

..Al

I already had uploaded all the 5200 inserts. You can upload the jag dvd inserts aswell if youd like.

Raven

Raven

..Al

I already had uploaded all the 5200 inserts. You can upload the jag dvd inserts aswell if youd like.

Raven

Okay, let me move that file to an appropriate directory--I wasn't sure if you had changed it, so that's why I started to download the files you just posted about. I'll grab the Jag DVD inserts also.

Thanks,

..Al

Okay, the full set of 5200 case inserts can be downloaded here:

http://www.atariage.com/5200/misc/5200_inserts.zip

The file is 250MB so it'll take a while to download if you're on a slow connection. If anyone just needs individual inserts, let me know..

..Al

Less than 3 minutes with FIOS, thanks! :cool:

Nice, I wish I could get that where I am!!

..Al

• 8 months later...

I have some time to make these, so I re-read this thread. What is the best (i.e. easiest) way to make the cases? I can download them from where Al put them. Any final recommendations on printing (Kinko's, home, paper style, ??). Also, can you still get the cases? There were many ideas in the thread, but I want to know from someone that did it what worked best. Thanks for any help.

Take care,

RG

I have some time to make these, so I re-read this thread. What is the best (i.e. easiest) way to make the cases? I can download them from where Al put them. Any final recommendations on printing (Kinko's, home, paper style, ??). Also, can you still get the cases? There were many ideas in the thread, but I want to know from someone that did it what worked best. Thanks for any help.

Take care,

RG

I ended up using legal size paper and printed them at home using my HP Deskjet they came out very well, see previous page

for the pictures I uploaded. If you can get your Kinko's to print them the cost would NOT be much more considering the cost of

color ink cartridges, these are large and use alot of ink. Problem I had with Kinko's is they would not print them because of the

copyright and Atari logo, maybe the one in your area would not care ?

Not sure about weather or not the cases are still available but if they are you will need to purchase a case of like 100 or so,

that was the min. order when I got mine

FND

• 2 weeks later...
Any advice on how to nicely cut the plastic off the carts? I plan to use a utility knife, but any comments from those that did this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you mean the plastic off the Case/Box I used a dremel with a cut off disc

FND

I have a small dremel, that's a good idea. It is so time-consuming with a razor blade. Did you put duck tape on it to stop scratches like the directions state or is this not needed?

I did not use any tape but that sounds like a good idea, I did have a few slips and that would have helped I am sure

FND

• 1 month later...

So my cases came yesterday, but now I am having trouble printing!

I answered my own question--the inserts should be printed 11 inches long. I wound up printing mine slightly smaller so I could get them on on 8.5x11 paper, as I had one shot at using a nice printer at work, but no legal-sized paper handy. I cut them on a nice paper cutter. They look great!

The cases arrived with some damage, and I am happy to report that mediashelving.com totally helped me out by getting the supplier to send replacements. They are decent cases, but no match for the damage FedEx can inflict.

Edited by phaxda

• 1 month later...
Which cases are you using for the 5200 carts?

These are the case I used with a small modification. With the inserts I include full instructions to modify the case to hold the 5200 carts.

http://www.mediashelving.com/Merchant2/mer...tegory_Code=MED

I see your avatar

Heres a case for the ATARIMAX conversion.

Shamus.jpg

These are nice cases (and the warehouse is in Simi Valley where I live, so I saved on shipping AND tax!) But the 5200 cart doesn't fit in my cases, do you have to cut them?

• 4 months later...