IGNORED

software mono synth?

looks like chaos music composer is good, but sadly dislikes OS-B

and the pokey on my 130XE sounds like dung...

And if anyone still has a suggestion, as CMC has a lot to be desired as a live rhythm and synth "instrument", let me know!

Edited by Atari-Jess

Well... POKEY never will be able to sound like a 303, because of the missing analogue filters.

And, additionally, there is no "farest similar" tool available for the A8.

Even the CMC doesn't support LFO's and/or filter variations... pokey can do...

Oh noes, he got abducted by aliens! Now we'll never know what he meant by "pokey can do..."

If I had the patience and time I'd love to make a program like this for the A8bits, but It's more work than I'm willing to put in for something I'd only want to fiddle around with.

I'm by no means a professional musician or programmer!

It saddens me that there isn't such a program however. The POKEY is a lovely little chip.

I've been trying to get started on a project along these lines for almost a year now. Too many distractions to sit down and learn how to program assembly (hell, learn how to program period).

I don't think you'll get Prophet64 level stuff any time soon, but you may be able to pull together a version of Cynthcart in a reasonable amount of time (few months? no idea. Might just be a matter of fiddling with the C64 source for all I know).

I'd also be interested in doing something for the ST (and all the other ancient comps I have), but there are alternatives for that already in existance.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, well - amiga 500 isn't any alternate when he wants to do it using Atari, no? :P

Live playing feature is available in Chaos Music Composer and Theta Music Composer. Maybe ask Raster to add it to RMT, too! :)

Edited by miker