IGNORED

Gamecube Not Reading Discs

Has anyone else had a Gamecube that either says disc read error or no disc message keep coming up? I've even tried new ones and can't get it to work. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried wiping the lens clean and blown clean with air but no luck. Does anyone know the cheapest way to get repaired or replaced without having to buy a new one?

not necessarily... the original first batch (with the box that had the launch titles on the back of the box) had some problems reading disks and freezing. I called nintendo, told them the problem, never even asked for when i bought it and had a ups guy at my door in 30 min to pick it up... 3 days later i got my gc all perfectly working from fed ex.... nintendo is the best company to have problems with your system :) Your fine.. just give them a ring.. theyll do it for free.

Edited by AtariJr

www.xboxrepairguide.com used to sell replacement lasers, which are cheap. If they don't have them anymore, I have 2 spare lasers that I could sell ya.

with my cubes the only problem I had was it would play for five minutes and then give me a dre. Turned out it was still under warranty and ninty fixed it for free. With my black, older one, the laser used to click quite loudly after I started using a freeloader to boot imports. I replaced the laser and all has been well.

if you don't wanna buy another laser, I would try tweaking the laser or selling it to me for parts.

not necessarily... the original first batch (with the box that had the launch titles on the back of the box) had some problems reading disks and freezing. I called nintendo, told them the problem, never even asked for when i bought it and had a ups guy at my door in 30 min to pick it up... 3 days later i got my gc all perfectly working from fed ex.... nintendo is the best company to have problems with your system :) Your fine.. just give them a ring.. theyll do it for free.

Even after warranty? My launch day Gamecube crapped out the day after Christmas 2005. I just went out and bought a new one, kids wanted to play thier new games. My Gamecube is the only system I ever had fail, but I assumed since it was way after the warranty that to fix it would be more problem than it was worth.

Even after warranty? My launch day Gamecube crapped out the day after Christmas 2005. I just went out and bought a new one, kids wanted to play thier new games. My Gamecube is the only system I ever had fail, but I assumed since it was way after the warranty that to fix it would be more problem than it was worth.

yes! even after warrenty... nintendo doesnt ask when you got it.. if you sound worried enough they will want to help you so that you come back to them as a customer.. not tell you your mad catz controller messed it up like sony... give them a call, ill bet you a penny (i dont bet ;) ) that nintendo will help you out for free.

They still (marginally) support the NES, albeit not for free. I've never had a problem with a system, but a friend did a return on a GCN due to CD player problems and had a new one in his hands the next day -- before they could have received the broken one -- and just paid S&H. But he did end up with a black one when he'd started with platinum, so nobody's perfect.

Ahh cool, I will have to call nintendo and see what they say. Its kind of funny that the company with seemingly the best reputation for building durable systems I have had the most problems with. My NES was just terrible after a while for reading games, but I think most people just accepted it. I have met very few people who did not have a problematic NES. My Gamecube worked fine one day, then poof, wouldn't completely boot any game. I tried a bunch of different discs, gently brushing the laser, etc.

Ahh cool, I will have to call nintendo and see what they say. Its kind of funny that the company with seemingly the best reputation for building durable systems I have had the most problems with. My NES was just terrible after a while for reading games, but I think most people just accepted it. I have met very few people who did not have a problematic NES. My Gamecube worked fine one day, then poof, wouldn't completely boot any game. I tried a bunch of different discs, gently brushing the laser, etc.

yea youll be treated just fine :)

Those pins on the nes werent that durable, but you can replace them pretty easily.

The cube that I bought back in 2003, used, has outlived my ps2 and my first xbox. And Ninty has some of the best customer service, with micro and sony having the worst, imo.

yea sega wasnt that bad at customer service either... i remember when sony entered the market, and i remember me and my freinds had some problems with our original playstations, and we were pretty shocked at how rude they were, when sega and nintendo were so kind and helpful... and sony was trying to win over gamers?

How many times have i called them and they used the old "it must have been a 3rd party peripheal that caused the problem" as your system is made from god and nothing can go wrong with it?

The cube that I bought back in 2003, used, has outlived my ps2 and my first xbox. And Ninty has some of the best customer service, with micro and sony having the worst, imo.

yea sega wasnt that bad at customer service either... i remember when sony entered the market, and i remember me and my freinds had some problems with our original playstations, and we were pretty shocked at how rude they were, when sega and nintendo were so kind and helpful... and sony was trying to win over gamers?

How many times have i called them and they used the old "it must have been a 3rd party peripheal that caused the problem" as your system is made from god and nothing can go wrong with it?

Sony propoganda. Kinda sad how monopolistic they are down to the fact that they pretty much admitted the PS3 is gonna be crap yet they think people are gonna buy it because it says Play Station. Sony might sell the least and still win the war because they'll just ship a bunch of consoles.