IGNORED

POKEY & Timing

emkay

Well. I started a new thread about pokey music, because it's a special point of "POKEY - programming".

In the Zip you find different versions of the Music from Shadow of the Beast 3.

The difference in their names makes it clear what it is all about.

The tunes are allmost the same. Only the filter timing is different in the tunes.

The Values " 30 , 05, 0A , 0D, and 0F " are the results of the type of the" filter-offset-production".

The envelope of the main voice instrument starts always with the highest playable tone, to bring the channels as close as possible together. The second step plays a tone at the filtering voice that produces a fixed filter-offset-time.

Feel free to listen to all of them.

I would like to read some feedback, which version you like more.... in the emulation and/or played by the original machine.

Well. I started a new thread about pokey music, because it's a special point of "POKEY - programming".

In the Zip you find different versions of the Music from Shadow of the Beast 3.

The difference in their names makes it clear what it is all about.

The tunes are allmost the same. Only the filter timing is different in the tunes.

The Values " 30 , 05, 0A , 0D, and 0F " are the results of the type of the" filter-offset-production".

The envelope of the main voice instrument starts always with the highest playable tone, to bring the channels as close as possible together. The second step plays a tone at the filtering voice that produces a fixed filter-offset-time.

Feel free to listen to all of them.

I would like to read some feedback, which version you like more.... in the emulation and/or played by the original machine.

"30" is far the best in my opinion. Sounds good on real HW as well...

F.