IGNORED

the right price for a 5200 with rebuilt controllers.

jboypacman

i was at a local game shop recently and i ran across a 2-port 5200 with 2 rebuilt controllers for $60.00 and the owner of the shop said that he would throw in a couple games with as well because i shop there often my question is this a good deal?i have been wanting to pick up a 5200 for sometime but i was worried about the controllers but the owner says that i shouldnt have a problems with them so i thought i would get some feedback on this.

If the owner would let you plug the console in and try it out to see if the controllers really have been rebuilt, that would be the best option. $60 is a lot of cash, so allowing you to test the merchandise is the least she can do.

Yup. That is the real deal. If it is a gold-dot rebuilt stick, then $60 is a bargain (you would pay $40 for a single rebuilt gold-dot alone).

If they are just cleaned carbon-dot or foil over carbon dot with good condition flex pads, it is a decent deal... but you'll probably be opening the sticks to clean them sometime soon, in this case.