IGNORED

Alpine Games:Special Edition Version

chris_lynx1989

It has been three long months since Video 61 ordered the 36 copies it did for folks that wanted one and some extra ones

on hand too.One burning question to pose on this forum,has any other soul out there in the world gotten a copy of this in

their mailbox?Are there other lynxers out there still in the lurch expecting a copy of this to appear that still hasn't yet?Are

we the only ones still waiting?Just a tad curious to know and hear some views and news from "others" out there.Would

love to hear the poop from someone else.Thanks for looking. :)

There was a small supply problem but this should be fixed now, all US customers

should be able to get this from Songird or Video61.

The Alpine Games Bonus card is not a real game, it is a collection

of small demos.

Edited by Duranik

Info please, Chris! I've been out of the "loop" for the past few months, and must have missed some exciting developments. What is AG:SE?

Hello Dave,

This was announced by Duranik in early or mid-April after their high score competition had ended and the three high

score winners for AG had been posted.

They then announced here on AA that it would be a larger release than the original 3 copies for the winners.

This will be available to folks from Video 61,albeit for a substancial cost with the Euro rate being what it is now--the last figure i got from Lance on this in May was some $64 or 65 dollars U.S.---and people are complaining that our possible figure for Relief Pitcher of $50.00 dollars U.S. was too high! Hmmmm,is that fair to us on Relief Pitcher? That figure makes us sound a bit dirt cheap,doesn't it? Well,doesn't it? Anyone want to still say our possible price of $50 was TOO high?Lynx up! :)

--the lynxer

On Duranik's site, the cost is listed as:

The price is EUR 32,80 per card plus postage

I don't understand how the comma is being used here. I did a conversion at www.xe.com and it currently shows that 32 Euro = approx $40.00 USD. I did 32,80 and it assumed 3280.

Is the comma being used instead of a decimal? Is 32,80 and 32.80 the same thing?

Thanks,

Smeg

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, in europe the decimal mark is the coma (at least in france and germany).

And this absurd practice should be mocked whenever the opportunity arises.

Agreed. You cannot imagine how hard it is to parse comma separated data fields when the system has used comma as a decimal point also. This silly , is a decimal point in Finland also. Also using sscanf for reading in floting point values won't work etc.

Some pressure on the EU is needed to kill the comma once and for all.

--

Karri

seems like english talking countries use the dot and other counries use the comma : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_%28punctuation%29.

don't you also get in trouble karri when numers are written with comma to separate thousands ?

Nope. After we got the euro I never have that much money anyway :twisted:

But your wiki link was very interesting.

"however ISO standards recommends the use of comma instead of points also in English speaking countries"

The only way is to accept all these formats

1 234.56

1 234,56

But of course not

1234 56

1 234 56

1.234 56

1,234 56

The SI standard way clearly says that the only correct way is to write this as

1 234,56

The "space" between the characters '1' and '2' is typically narrower than an ordinary space.

And while we are talking about the space... I have to re-code Stardreamer economics to fully comply with the standard use of the comma character.

--

karri