IGNORED

Just got a NES...

Man, I've jumped into collecting head over teacup now. I must have. I've got a list of game that I want for this system...Burai Fighter, SMB 1 and 2, Duck Hunt, Robocop, Total Recall, Ghostbusters II, Top Gun 1 and 2, Rad Racer, Galaga, Wizards and Warriors (almost got that today), Super Sprint, Vindicators...

Notice how most of them are Tengen!?

Well, so I found a NES for $15 with all hookups at a thrift shop. The I went a bought games for it. I got Skull & Crossbones, Burai Fighter (decent R type clone) and the normal Tetris cartridge.

That is the normal one, right? Since we're on an Atari forum, the black cart should be normal, and the grey one is odd.

The whole thing set me back $50 plus tax. Oh, the console actually works more than it blinks--even with the Tengen games and especially with Tetris. Tetris hasn't blinked yet.

post-7210-1151557162_thumb.jpg

post-7210-1151557180_thumb.jpg

You are pulling our legs here right? The Tengen version of Tetris is the better Tetris implementation and is pretty pricey too. If you spent $50 for all we see there, you got a pretty sweet deal. Never even heard of Skull & Crossbones...

Nice score though. I'll just play the Tengen Tetris on my DC in the meantime. ;)

Hex.

[ Not really in one peice... ]

Man, I've jumped into collecting head over teacup now. I must have. I've got a list of game that I want for this system...Burai Fighter, SMB 1 and 2, Duck Hunt, Robocop, Total Recall, Ghostbusters II, Top Gun 1 and 2, Rad Racer, Galaga, Wizards and Warriors (almost got that today), Super Sprint, Vindicators...

Well, so I found a NES for $15 with all hookups at a thrift shop. The I went a bought games for it. I got Skull & Crossbones, Burai Fighter (decent R type clone) and the normal Tetris cartridge.

That is the normal one, right? Since we're on an Atari forum, the black cart should be normal, and the grey one is odd.

The whole thing set me back $50 plus tax. Oh, the console actually works more than it blinks--even with the Tengen games and especially with Tetris. Tetris hasn't blinked yet.

don't sell any of the tengen carts. they tend to be very fun to play

The movie rental place down the street from me had the Tengen Tetris when I was really young. I used to ride my bike down there and rent it all the time. Then it, and every other copy of the game I knew, simply vanished. So we played NES Tetris and Dr. Mario to pass the time I picked up another copy of the Tengen version on Ebay last summer.

TTFN

Mateo

I've beaten Skull and Crossbones before. Most of the Tengen carts I want are ports of arcade games I've played. I don't plan to sell any of them.

@Lord Helmet: If you're looking for Tengen carts, try gameXchange. they tend to have several of them at once.

And no, I'm not pulling anyone's leg. I actually did buy that Tetris game for $25 yesterday. I suppose it is no surprise that it was half the cost of my haul. DP says it's $25, and gameXchange has its HTF prices pretty much set. They don't change. For example, all Saturn games are set at either $7.95, or $3.95 for ultra common games. That means that Panzer Dragoon Saga's price at gamexchange is $7.95.

They just don't care what the market value is of a particular game--they set a price based on some company's best guess of what it is worth.

that's how I wound up with a $50 to $100 cart (I've seen it go for anywhere in that range) for $25.

Also, anyone who's seen my pictures here before will recognize the black tool box and the keyboard that are barely visible under the NES.

BTW: this is the first NES I have personally owned.

And no, I'm not pulling anyone's leg. I actually did buy that Tetris game for $25 yesterday.

Oh I beleive it. People who don't are just jealous. I actually paid only 6.99 for my copy of Tengen Tetris at a place called Game Centre. I think they have a data base of percieved values and clearly they aren't aware of the differences in the two Tetris releases. It's funny because when I saw it and immediately told the guy working I wanted it, I think he clued in on what I was getting for so cheap, and wished he's seen it himself earlier. Sucker :P

It's funny because when I saw it and immediately told the guy working I wanted it, I think he clued in on what I was getting for so cheap, and wished he's seen it himself earlier. Sucker :P

In my head, I just heard that female voice from UT '99 yelling "Sucker".

I'm one of the regular collectors in the store where I got this, but I may be the only 7800 collector. I shoulda told em to let the other collectors know an Atari fan bought this game.

All this said, though, I actually don't like Tetris. I'm more into Columns, but I'll take a rare cart like this when it's available.

Thanx. Just added two more Tengens, Super Sprint and Vindicators, plus I added about eight more commons. They're mostly the games I played as a kid.

Got a base ball game in a duck hunt cart. Getting a stand alone duck hunt is going to be interesting...

awesome deal you got! Nintendo is awesome!

One thing that amazes me is the NES (lack of quality) graphics. I thought in the day that they were just fine, but now that I am used to the Game Gear and the ProSystem, I have to remember just what hardware I'm playing Burai Fighter on.

Still, though, the NES is a great system to add to my collection. I know, toasters are very common, but I never did buy one until now.

Ahh, Skull and Crossbones. I remember that one! The Arcade version was more of a TMNT style game with a pirate motif, and the NES version, unfortunately,if I remember correctly was not very much like it. Nintendo had a penchant for radically diverging from the Arcade version for it's home ports...sometimes it helped, but a lot of times it just made for an awkward game that robbed it's gamers of the arcade experience. Master System and Genesis seemed to be more arcade authentic whenever they'd port something over.