IGNORED

Has anyone tried the ports of Doom,Heretic.Hexen,Quake

• 1 month later...

couple notes, dont go turning off clipping or cheating seriously if you do that, you will ruin the level entirely. well as long as you dont turn off clipping your alright, i forget the link ill post it on my website and give the url here soon, note i have a PC MURDERER virus right now and unless you have a recently updated virus checker dont bother downloading it unless you would like a broken PC, mine will attempt to rewrite the BIOS chip, and if you got a newish pc your bios chip will be a flash rom chip and the virus will be able to re write IE DELETE it and will render your PC useless im already starting to lose all my stuff but ive saved the level on my hotmail account virus free, ill see what i can do...

• 15 years later...

Those ports were meant to run on faster-than-TT '030 computers running the FreeMiNT operating system. Since they were just recompiled from C sources they're not optimized to run on stock Atari computeer without CPU accelerators.

There is a Doom engine called Bad Mood which will run on a stock Falcon because it's optimized to run on it, and is still being worked on.

Only id game port that'll run on a regular ST is Wolfenstein 3D and it's based off the Apple IIgs version.

I believe only Quake requires a 68030 CPU. Doom, Heretic and Hexen have all been modified to work in 16 colors on 68000 systems. I was wondering if it was worth it to unpack my Atari computers to give them a try?

*Anything* is worth it if it makes you unpack your Atari computers! :)