IGNORED

Anyone have Commando ATR link?

kevin242

Still, hasnt been converted the Cartridge into ATR format. Only you will find .ROM images for emulator from Commando game.

Okay anyone have a rom link then? Will it work with Atari800 emulator?

Wait a minute, I just thought of something... I had this game as a pirated file back in the day! I know for a fact I didnt have the cartridge, so I dont see why it wouldnt be on ATR? Still Ill take what I can get if someone has the .rom please send me a attached file or link.

thanks

kevin

Edited by kevin242

Thanks for the link. Im playing it now. How was it I was able to download and play this game on my unmodified 130xe back in the day and yet it is now deemed difficult to convert to ATR?

Kev in

Okay to follow up my question "how did I have a pirated versin of this game so many years ago..." I think I was remembering a game called SWAT.

Now a question to anyone that knows Commando. How do you throw grenades?

Kevin

Does not exist an ATR Commando version, and its very difficult to create a ATR version. Better, buy the original cartridge or buy the MyIDE-FLash cart to get working the ROM image in the real hardware.

You can find SWAT in the same web places before written.

For throwing grenades in Commando you need to press button and pull down the stick at the same time. If you throw a grenade just behind the bridge at the wall left side of the entrance, you'll open a secret passage. Enter, and you should rescue the prissoners in the secret chamber.

Command is an excelent version, you have 6 original arcade levels, secret chambers, the initial helicopter animation, the animation between levels, a nice intro, everything we could expect from our Atari.

Okay to follow up my question "how did I have a pirated versin of this game so many years ago..." I think I was remembering a game called SWAT.

Now a question to anyone that knows Commando. How do you throw grenades?

Kevin

Does not exist an ATR Commando version, and its very difficult to create a ATR version. Better, buy the original cartridge or buy the MyIDE-FLash cart to get working the ROM image in the real hardware.

You can find SWAT in the same web places before written.

For throwing grenades in Commando you need to press button and pull down the stick at the same time. If you throw a grenade just behind the bridge at the wall left side of the entrance, you'll open a secret passage. Enter, and you should rescue the prissoners in the secret chamber.

Command is an excelent version, you have 6 original arcade levels, secret chambers, the initial helicopter animation, the animation between levels, a nice intro, everything we could expect from our Atari.

Thanks and I agree, Commando reminds me of a NES era game.

• 11 months later...

No way until now. Flashcart have another format bank specification, so its incompatible with XEGS cartridge format. If you don't buy the cartridge, you can download the ROM and use in a emulator.

Maybe in the future Fandal converts this ROM to a playable file, but i guess this will use extended memory (10XE with 256K)

No way until now. Flashcart have another format bank specification, so its incompatible with XEGS cartridge format. If you don't buy the cartridge, you can download the ROM and use in a emulator.

I looked at converting it to Maxflash format, but it was beyond me. Maybe Fandal could do it, but I'm sure he would just make it run on a 128K machine.