IGNORED

CLASSIC GAMING FUN IN CHICAGO!

Dauber

Atari nerd festival at Dauber's?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a Chicago Atari party?

• Heck, yeah! How about mid October?
    • Sure -- late October
    • Yup -- early November
    • Why not? Mid-November is good for me!
    • Ooh, good pre-Christmas activity! Early December!
    • Nope, can't get to Chicago.
    • Nope, Dauber's a jerk.
    • No, I'm going antiquing on all those weekends.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So, I was thinking, kind of slightly inspired by a previous poll, and something Inky brought up to me more than once....he'd say something like "Dauber, we gotta get together and just play video games all day..."

So that got me thinking....why not just have an Atari party at Chez Dauber and invite any Atari Agers who might live/be in the Chicago area? I live in a really nice neighborhood on the north side, close to an el stop, with fairly parkable streets nearby...

I'm thinking a Saturday or Sunday [preferrably Saturday] in the late Fall...why not early fall? Well, as you may have gathered from prior posts, I just moved, and I have a ton of crap all over the place that I have to get in order.

Anyhoo.....

Oh....I told my wife I was thinking of doing an Atari party. She wanted to know if it's anything like a "sexy party." I told her I think so, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Dauber

Absolutely not! Dauber's a jerk!

:ponder:

:?

:(

Kidding! :D

It could be fun, but let's get through the ECCC show first. Once that's done, we can start planning the next event. In addition, it would allow time to give a few weeks notice for those of us who often have to watch the kids on the weekend. :ponder: My wife is usually willing to rework her schedule if she's given advance notice. So mid to late October (or later!) sounds good. :)

I basicly can't get away at this time, I work from 6am til 2pm weekdays and saturday sundays it varies sometimes I get off at 10am some time later.

but on the subject of doing local gathering: I'm working on restarting a local AVC meeting next year in place of VGS since VGS won't be happening next year. (I might be considering doing an outing ala what the guys DP do once ayear going to an aracde or amusemt place)

Well...I do have to admit that I'm kinda using this to my own advantage...you see, my apartment, in which I've been living for, oh....seven days....is a complete wreck, and having a date established for when people are going to be over is a good way to get me to put some hurry-up on the cleaning. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was thinking of doing an Atari party.

I went to atari party to play some games with online friends

A chance to smash some old E.T.'s and play some Yar's again

When I got to the Atari party, they all played some games

No one knew who I was, I used my real name

CHORUS

But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.

You see you can't play Raqcetball unless you lobotomize yourself.

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Let's do it!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I've made an executive decision:

JANUARY 20, 2007 -- let's say 1:00 till whenever -- classic gaming on the north side of Chicago, at Chez Dauber!

I can see a lot of good sides to this:

- The holidays will be done.

- My wife won't be home, so we can use the main TV. (Note that I said "main" and not "big" -- we're talking 20 inches.)

- Super Bowl weekend is two weeks away.

- Where I live in Chicago it's a pretty parkable neighborhood -- I never have a problem parking within a block or two of the building. If you prefer mass transit, there's a bus stop right outside the building, and the Red Line is down the street.

- Atari 7800 = Atari 7800 and 2600 fun! And when we get tired of that, we can switch to Intellivision. :)

- Atari 7800 + Pac-Man Collection = a possibly very intense Pac-Off.

- On your way in, you can take a trip to Videogames Etc. near the corner of Harlem and Montrose and get some pretty cheap used games!

The only two catches:

1) My wife and I aren't big drinkers, so we don't normally keep alcohol around, although I might have some beer left from the beer bread I'll be baking tonight....so if you want alcohol, I suggest bringing your own.

2) I'd prefer no kids (well, obviously if a fellow AAer who wants to come is like 15 years old I'm okay with that, but...) -- I'm very bad with kids -- and you can probably conclude from that that I'm not (yet, at least) a father! -- and don't want to deal with little buggers running around...I know, sounds mean, but...

All interested should PM me.