IGNORED

2 Hillibillies talk about the 7800

pocketmego

This is a broadcast of something called Gamebot. Believe it or not, this is where I first discovered the 7800. First they do an overview of the 7800 and then show it playing a 2600 game. Then they do a bit on Karate Kid for the NES, then they show Kareteka for the 7800, and then some laser disc thing.

Enjoy...

-Ray

This is a broadcast of something called Gamebot. Believe it or not, this is where I first discovered the 7800. First they do an overview of the 7800 and then show it playing a 2600 game. Then they do a bit on Karate Kid for the NES, then they show Kareteka for the 7800, and then some laser disc thing.

Enjoy...

-Ray

I've seen this video a few times now,its great "yal."

UTube is where I also got interested in the 5200 and 7800 hardware.

I especially like that one series called How to beat video games. Lots of 5200 stuff there.

I love those videos though because there is lots of 80's cheese within them.

That was one hell of a decade. :lust:

Enjoy...

-Ray

I've seen this video a few times now,its great "yal."

UTube is where I also got interested in the 5200 and 7800 hardware.

I especially like that one series called How to beat video games. Lots of 5200 stuff there.

I love those videos though because there is lots of 80's cheese within them.

That was one hell of a decade. :lust:

Those videos are awesome, I am so disapointed that the 7800 came out to late to have a volume of that for it. I'd love to have seen the host (White man's Afro) tell me the secrets to beating Ninja Golf. :D

-Ray

So, the 7800 is the "predecessor" to the 5200?

Ugh...

Try "successor."

They've got the know-how to use YouTube, but not the right word.

And... OK... they've got the console right in front of them, and don't know where the difficulty switches are. Ugh again.

Edited by Brian R.

Both of the guys from Gamebot were at the 2006 Cinciclassic. They had a table and were selling DVD's of their show for $5. I bought an Atari 400 from them. No idea if it is the same 400 shown in the being of the video. Proably not since I had to do some extensive cleaning on the case.

The guys were at the Philly vgXpo in November. They didn't have a table but they were walking around with a video camera. I saw them when they were talking to Al and they were going to interview him later in the day but I don't know if they ever got back to him. Looking at youtube, they have posted only one video from the show, this video of Ralph Baer's speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6hcKLNRsIg

• 7 years later...

Hey, I remember these guys from the Philly VGXpo too. I think before that I remember meeting them at either one of the early Too Many Games or a Philly Classic. They're cool dudes. I know one of them did a podcast for a while called the Stupid Gamer, I believe. I was bummed when they disappeared. Good stuff.