IGNORED

AA Dinner on Saturday of VGXPO Philly: RSVP HERE

Cassidy Nolen

Hi folks,

Well, lets face it. The show is 1/2 about games and 1/2 about friends. I would like to organize a dinner for everybody this year. Last year we had a great group that went out but we fought like crazy to find a place and the food was not that great.

This year, I want to get reservations to Maggianos. It is right near the expo and they will take a big reservation this next week if I get the RSVP from you and how many need a seat. Its a little more formal than an Atari hat but I think a tee-shirt and jeans is fine if the whole group is dressed that way. Be aware of two things:

1. Its not cheap. Food is between 10-20 per person plus your drinks (of course if you are old enough).

2. This would not be their famous "family-style" as that is 25 bucks a pop and not everybody can eat that much.

I know, I could eat your part too but lets just do separates. We have enjoyed hanging out each year so much it is WELL worth the extra. Come on, admit it. You would just go back to the hotel/motel/cardboard fleabag you are staying in and eat Doritos. Come hang with other fellow game-geeks and have some fun.

We usually end up and this one bar after dinner. GREAT times and we have YET to be thrown out. Two years ago was close but we ended up hanging with the manager. Good times.

If you would like to join us, just post here. Let me know how many people are going and we can get a table by Oct. 8?

Let me know what you think. The website is: http://www.maggianos.com/ and this is the King of Prussia location.

Not having Sexy err Drunk Brits take a lot of fun out of things. :P We'd like to go but I will have to check with Hubbs as far as finances go. I doubt we'll be at the show due to costs but getting together with everyone is always worth it! :) We may try to get enough together for at least 1 day but I don't know - does anyone need help at their Booths? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not too late. Will call and work on it today :)

We also have BFStats and Dave Ellis joining...

I wish it could be more informal. As we have found, it is IMPOSSIBLE in that town to get a dinner table on a Saturday night. Every year we have had to fight for a scrap of space in that $^$^&%^@#$% mall town. If folks want to join up after dinner for drinks, we will most likely head upstairs in the mall to Holihans. They have yet to evict us...a good sign. Much less formal of an event. Come and show your crunk cup.

C

Unfortunately I can't make it to the philly classic this year, something ALWAYS comes up...

... this time, an old friend is coming to see me for two weeks. A really old friend, haven't seen her in 4 years. needless to say, I'm very excited about her coming down.

Unfortunately I can't make it to the philly classic this year, something ALWAYS comes up...

... this time, an old friend is coming to see me for two weeks. A really old friend, haven't seen her in 4 years. needless to say, I'm very excited about her coming down.

Hmmm,I see.....

:)

Cassidy, I have absoluetly no intention of setting foot in vgXpo, but I would be interested in seeing you, Matt, and whoever else is in town. Count me in if you have room for one more.

BTW, if you guys are looking for an off-hours activity, this place is about 30 minutes from the expo site....

http://www.pinball-parlour.com/

I drive by this place almost every day. I could poke my head in and see what it would take to stay open late for us. Their web site says they will do extended hours by request.

I don't want to come off sounding line an anal-retentive prick, but I do feel the need to point out that vgXpo is NOT PhillyClassic.

Well, since there is no Philly Classic show anymore, it's kind of a mute point. Unless of course you know something we don't know.

Allan

Man,

What a bunch a jerks at that place!!! I have a reservation for us (party of 12) for 8:30. Best I could do....

They pride themselves on Family Style and said we HAD to do it that way. We argued and got it a la carte so we can all just get whatever we want from the menu. I would easily say one serving is enough for two people to share.

Here is my list of folks

Me

Nicadoo (Mrs. Me)

Rev (weird gamer from NYC)

Tempest

Chicky and Z28

Pac Man Plus

Allen

Johnny WC

M. Stulier

BF Stats

Dave Ellis

Thats who I have got. If you can't make it, please let me know. I would like to offer a spot to somebody else before I would have to call and change reservations.

Let me know if this works for y'all. The event says its over at 6. By the time we get out of there (closer to 7) and then get ready to go, it'll be about time for dinner. Theres just nothing nearby that takes reservations. We have looked for years....

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Cassidy

Worst case we all get together at Houlihans afterwards.....word.

Cassidy

Cassidy, don't forget that virtually all places in King Of Prussia roll up the carpet for the night very early. The only places I have seen stay open late here are the Chili's across from the mall and the Hooter's down the road, and I think that "late" for them is 11pm. You would think that KoP is right next to Amish country with the hours they keep here. That was one of the reasons I had suggested that pinball arcade as an off-hours activity.

Cassidy, don't forget that virtually all places in King Of Prussia roll up the carpet for the night very early. The only places I have seen stay open late here are the Chili's across from the mall and the Hooter's down the road, and I think that "late" for them is 11pm. You would think that KoP is right next to Amish country with the hours they keep here.

Hmm... An Amish Hooters? :)

Tempest

Hmm... An Amish Hooters? :)

Tempest

Hey Matt, we absolutely have those here! It is a little wierd not having electricity in there, but it is tolorable eating by candlelight. In fact, here is the quote painted on the wall when you walk in the front door....

"But now I have written unto you to keep drunkard company, eat wings, and view the sacred boobies." Amish Book of Bill Clinton 13:57

Yes, I know... I am just wrong. Give me a break -- it is Friday and I am bored.

Mike,

We know this one place upstairs in the mall stays open until like 1. We know that from the years of endless hunting. If folks want to do the pin thing, great. I don't know how up for more games I'll be. Certainly can't speak for others. Sounds like a neat place! BTW, I have been to a Hooters right near the mall (maybe 10 minutes or so?). Nice enough place. I do think it closed REALLY early, at least by DC standards.

C

Mike,

We know this one place upstairs in the mall stays open until like 1. We know that from the years of endless hunting. If folks want to do the pin thing, great. I don't know how up for more games I'll be. Certainly can't speak for others. Sounds like a neat place! BTW, I have been to a Hooters right near the mall (maybe 10 minutes or so?). Nice enough place. I do think it closed REALLY early, at least by DC standards.

C

You know Cassidy, I grew up in Illinois, and lived in Boston for 12 years before I ended up in Philly. In my part of the midwest, there was never an issue finding somewhere to go at night. Heck, even with all of the "Puritan" mentality nonsense and the blue laws in Boston, there was plenty of places to go and kick back up until 2am.

I have been in Philly for almost 4 years now, and that King of Prussia area just amazes me that NOTHING stays open past 10pm or 11pm. Between that mall, the convention center, the hotels, and everything else in that area, you would think that there would be plenty of places to go at night, and there is just nowhere open after 10pm.

The arcade was just a suggestion only if nothing else is available. Believe me, I am aware people are probably not going to desire driving 30 minutes after being at the con all day. Since I am not attending vgXpo, I am probably the only one that will be up for playing games anyway. I was just trying to think of something that might be open late.

At least the show is not in Ft. Washington again. There is even less to do there.