IGNORED

What happens to some 5200 controllers.

simbalion

Earlier I mentioned getting a four port 5200 system complete in the box, but nothing on the controllers seemed to work. I have been using the two good controllers from my 2 port system on it with great success and decided today to try and see if the pencil eraser trick would work on the 2 dead controllers. Upon pulling the bezels over the start pause and reset buttons, I quickly found out why these controllers were not working. The flex circuits under both bezels were smashed over toward the left firing buttons and the this had broken the circuits. I am afraid to see what everything else looks like. Looks like someone opened these controllers up and then just mashed them back together. What a mess! :x

Earlier I mentioned getting a four port 5200 system complete in the box, but nothing on the controllers seemed to work. I have been using the two good controllers from my 2 port system on it with great success and decided today to try and see if the pencil eraser trick would work on the 2 dead controllers. Upon pulling the bezels over the start pause and reset buttons, I quickly found out why these controllers were not working. The flex circuits under both bezels were smashed over toward the left firing buttons and the this had broken the circuits. I am afraid to see what everything else looks like. Looks like someone opened these controllers up and then just mashed them back together. What a mess! :x

bestelectronics.com TRUST ME :cool:

The flex circuits under both bezels were smashed over toward the left firing buttons and the this had broken the circuits. I am afraid to see what everything else looks like. Looks like someone opened these controllers up and then just mashed them back together. What a mess! :x

That usually happens when someone tries to reassemble the controllers after taking it apart, and does not remove the Start pad bezel first. It's got to be IMPOSSIBLE to thread that piece UNDER the bezel, while at the same time getting everything else to line up just right.

Yah, my first 5200 stick was like that.

It may've been me that did it to mine, actually. I was a lot younger and didn't really know what I was doing at all.

I don't remember for sure, though.

And to save our resident NES JAWS CHAMPION!!!!! from spamming it AGAIN...

bestelectronics.com :cool: :cool: :cool: :roll:

I know of Best Electronics for sure. I already have one rebuilt controller already and plan to get the others rebuilt someday. The odd thing is, all my other controllers say Taiwan on the back, yet the rebuilt one has a different bezel and says USA on the back. Odd...

I think all mine are US or Mexico.

Most of them have the angled bezel that matches the edge bevel. I think 2 have the square bezel that looks like crap.

And for what it's worth, I've never used Best. I did the old foil mod and glued some aluminum to the carbon dots.

Works for me. :)

Edited by JB

• 3 weeks later...