IGNORED

AtariAge 2006 Philly VGXPO Photo Gallery

Albert

Wow... the arcade games looked amazing. I would've gone just for that!

If I didn't live on the other side of the country, that is...

Albert - are you going to post a QuickTime of your Keynote slide show?

It's not really significantly different than the one I created for the Midwest Gaming Classic in June. I had very little time to prepare for the show and setting that up was a last minute addition. Mostly I just updated the "New" and "Demo" games appropriately for the VGXPO. Also added a slide about the free Flashback 2's given away (and created a separate, three-slide presentation for that running on another computer and monitor).

..Al

How did the show compare to last year? Since it was paid admission this year, I'm guessing that fewer people were there but a lot higher percentage of them were actually interested in classic games.

How much space did the show take up in the convention center in comparison to the Phillyclassics?

How did the show compare to last year? Since it was paid admission this year, I'm guessing that fewer people were there but a lot higher percentage of them were actually interested in classic games.

It's hard to gauge due to the increase in space, but I think attendance was down this year compared to last. I know that I had fewer sales at our booth. I think there were more people interested in modern game systems than classic gaming. I've heard that local promotion of the event wasn't what it could have been, and the high admission ($25 at the door for a single day) probably scared many away.

How much space did the show take up in the convention center in comparison to the Phillyclassics?

A fair bit more space, although the vendor area was smaller than the area occupied by PC5 (with fewer vendors than at PC5). Other areas included a fair amount of space for the arcade machines, a large tournament area, a LAN area (that mostly went unused), and a large stage with seats for over 300 people.

..Al

• 1 month later...

Wow... the arcade games looked amazing. I would've gone just for that!

If I didn't live on the other side of the country, that is...

Albert - are you going to post a QuickTime of your Keynote slide show?

Well, you're in luck as there is a similar event in CA each summer:

http://www.caextreme.org

The show usually gets upwards of 400 upright video games and pinballs each year, mostly classics and other rarities...

Join the mailing list to receive information when the dates are announced for 2007 (hint: it should be very soon:))

Hope to see you there!

Jon