IGNORED

Just won a sweet 5200!

tjlazer

Unit arrived and as some of you predicted, the joysticks are DEAD... Good thing I had 1 working one. Should I get a kit to fix these 2?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Personally speaking, I've only dealt with the el-cheapo home repair.

Superglue and aluminum foil on the button dots works nicely, but it's certainly not as convenient as a drop-in replacement.

I myself just got this system linked below with 3 fully working controllers with one of the controllers being a REALLY nice one (you pick , it should be obvious) all for $49 + ship. I'm quite happy with the purchase.

I didn't get a box or anything like that but I really couldn't care cause how the hell do you play games with cardboard box right?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...bayphotohosting

Damn, put your 4 port system and pristine box together with my working joysticks *and* Wico sticks with y-adapters and we'd have the ultimate set!

My 5200's the pride of my collection, both because of its condition (it is basically new and everything works 100%) and because I paid $10 for it - got it from a friend who was clearing out his closet. But mine's a 2 port and the box has some stains on it. (You can see it from the link in my sig.) I'm totally jealous of that box, and the fact that yours is a 4 port. But my sticks work :)

I myself just got this system linked below with 3 fully working controllers with one of the controllers being a REALLY nice one (you pick , it should be obvious) ...

The one on the right, right?

:)

Is there any way around the faulty 5200 controllers? Any other quality sticks or pads you can use?

Aside from modding the 5200 controllers(there's a couple of fairly simple mods that make them as reliable as anything else), there's several 3rd-party 5200 sticks available, and a couple of adapters to use other systems' controllers.