IGNORED

Lynx boxes for prototypes, homebrews etc.....

thomasholzer

I was going to buy 6 game-boxes (as seen below) for my Lynx protos from this German company. Seeing I am in Germany it wouldn't be too difficult, so I thought.

You seen those boxes with homebrew games like Alpine Games or Ponx or Sokomania, and I think they are good little boxes.

PB0600016.jpg

Problem, the firm's smallest order is one great shipping box with 334 game boxes at Euro 0.26 each. Making a total of approx Euro 90.00 + shipping.

The price doesn't bother me that much, but I do not need 300+ Lynx game boxes for my protos.

So, if anyone's interested, please let me know and I purchase a box of 334 boxes and if you need one or two or more, I send them out to you at cost + shipping.

Edited by thomasholzer

I would also be interested in a small number of them (around 100 perhaps). I still have some left over components from a few previous projects and my fingers are itching to produce some new fantastic hardware for my beloved handheld.

Actually I got my sample chips from Maxim early this morning. Which reminds me: does anybody have a clue of how to solder flip chips to a pcb without an owen?

I was thinking about soldering paste and a teflon frying pan. It might work. :)

--

Karri

Actually I got my sample chips from Maxim early this morning. Which reminds me: does anybody have a clue of how to solder flip chips to a pcb without an owen?

--

Karri

Well, you are finnish. A sauna is basically a really big oven. Turn it up to the max, get some cold beer and go sit next to your PCBs and watch the paste melt :D

--

Karri

Well, you are finnish. A sauna is basically a really big oven. Turn it up to the max, get some cold beer and go sit next to your PCBs and watch the paste melt :D

That would have worked last year, but due to the new EU regulations we have to use lead-free components and the melting point of chemical tin is now up to 231 degrees. The beer won't stay cold in these temperatures anymore.

But thanks for the idea.

--

Karri

The beer won't stay cold in these temperatures anymore.

The problem is not so much the beer, but the glass bottle gets hot in the sauna. This might burn your lips. Tested that on my last trip to finnland.

The problem is not so much the beer, but the glass bottle gets hot in the sauna. This might burn your lips. Tested that on my last trip to finnland.

I guess you never tried drinking beer from cans in sauna :twisted:

BTW you do know that you are supposed to have finished your drink by the time the glass/can gets too hot?

Edited by YOK-dfa

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

now i have to pay (unexpected) attention to my car, which is a BMW 750i V12, and parts are not cheap, so ordering them boxes has been put on hold from my end.

If anyone still wants to go ahead:

item number: KKE-111/2

Kling Packing

D 75212 Birkenfeld 1

Tel: (D) (0)7231 4888-0

Sorry about that

Edited by thomasholzer