IGNORED

Houston Arcade Expo December 1st and 2nd

Albert

HAAG.jpgThe Houston Area Arcade Group (HAAG) is holding their 5th Annual Arcade Expo on December 1st and 2nd at the Houston Northwest Inn. Admission is $25 for a weekend pass or $15 for a single day, which gets you access to over 70 arcade games and pinball machines all set to free play! You can also participate in arcade and pinball tournaments, win door prizes, try your luck at a game raffle, and partake in the full bar. There aren't many opportunities to enjoy large collections of classic arcade games, so if you are in the Houston area (or can get there!), you should be at this expo! For more information, please visit ArcadeCenter.com.

If only South Florida had an event like this, sounds sweet!

I've been to this event before and it's quite a bit of fun! The arcade is open very late Friday night, going into Saturday morning. You can sit in there until 2am playing games in a dark room, with access to the full bar. Then when you're tired, you just go upstairs to your hotel room. :) I was told by one of the organizers earlier today that they expect to be able to announce soon that over 100 machines will be in attendance. That's a fair bit more than the last HAAG show I attended in 2004..

..Al

• 3 weeks later...

Two days away!

So who all's coming? I'll be heading up the road right after work.

A bit of warning to anybody who's coming: Give yourself plenty of time. Highway 290 is a driving hell that time of day, especially westbound.

Can't wait to play me some Addams Family!

It looks like I'm going to make it. It was kinda iffy, with the bad weather and all, but I should make it there before noon.

Edit: Spoke too soon. My friend John, who's going to be doing the driving, is concerned that his new depression medication will make him too groggy to drive. It's been screwing him up in the mornings, because he can't seem to open his eyes and drag himself out of bed just to run his wife to work. He's probably not going to be in the best shape to drive, and I don't really want to endanger him and I just to play a few pinball games. It's best that we don't go. Hopefully there's going to be the pinball show in Irving, TX soon. That's only a stone's throw away from me, not a four hour drive.

Edited by SteveW

Albert, I missed you! :(

Oh well, God knows I had plenty of fun anyway. I can barely type right now. :)

I took some pics of the games they had this year. You can have a look here.

Yeah, sorry I missed you.. I was there Friday night as well as early in the day on Saturday (left around 4pm). Had a lot of fun playing games, including several I never had the opportunity to play before (such as the Dr. Who pin). It's always a blast playing old pins and vids in good working order and there was a great selection of games at the show. :)

..Al

I was headed into town to go, but had a blow-out on the drive in :(

That sucks, sorry you weren't able to make it.. :(

..Al

The suckage continues - was back at the tire place today as the tire was down to 15 lbs when I left for work. Whatever caused the blowout cracked the rim :(