IGNORED

Direct 4 Games Lynx Vaporware Insanity!

Atari Smeghead

I agree on that totally. I have emailed the person who told me about Rolling Thunder, and asked the very same question. I'll let you all know what response I get.

I also emailed to ask why Rolling Thunder is now, once again, listed as "Buy" on their website, after they had changed it to "Source me."

Okay... For no particular reason, I'm going to list every title they have as "Source Me" and I'll put comments of what I know about the status. Any others, maybe, some of you can fill in what you know?

720 Degrees

No idea

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of the Beholder

As mentioned earlier, licensing issues make this title unlikely.

Alien(s) vs Predator

The prototype is out there, via B&C and others. No idea who actually owns the rights.

Blood and Guts Hockey

No idea

Daemonsgate

Another B&C (and others) proto release. Can't remember if this game is comsidered complete, but I don't think it is. Again, who owns the rights?

Defender/Stargate/Defender 2

No idea - but isn't Stargare and Defender 2 the same game?

Full Court Press Basketball

No idea

Gaurdians: Storms Over Doria

No idea

Heavyweight Contender

No idea

Krazy Ace Miniture Golf

Seems like I remember seeing this proto, but it's not B&C. Any idea? Though, they actually show box art, and say it's a Telegames release.

Ninja Nerd

No idea

Operation Desert Storm

No idea

RC Destruction Derby

No idea

Relief Pitcher

We know who owns the rights to this, don't we? I remember that it was supposed to be released "soon" but I haven't heard a thing in a while.

Road Riot 4WD

Another B&C Proto - rights?

Rolling Thunder

As discussed... we don't believe a version actually exists, right?

Spacewar

No idea

Spot: The video Game

No idea

Starship

No idea

Strider II

No idea

Ultra Star Raiders

No idea

Vindicators

At least I've HEARD of this title, but I don't recall the details

22 titles! Wow.

So, there's the list for discussion.

Cheers,

Smeg

Well, the "Strider II" in that case was really the game "Journey from Darkness" by Tiertex. They sorta tried to cash in on the Strider license and made a crummy "sequel" that really had nothing to do with the original plotline. The "Strider" franchise in itself is co-owned by Capcom (interesting fact: CapCom was a shortened name for "Japan Capsule Computers").

Krazy Ace Miniture Golf is released.

Road Riot 4WD: This game really deserves to be propely released! Lynx version was done by Images software I think. The game is complete (except for a blank ending screen). It would be nice to see it licensed and released like Loopz. Now I understand the difficulties surrrounding Eye of the Beholder, but maybe Road Riot would be more easy?

Krazy Ace Miniture Golf is released.

Released? Yes. Complete? Not really...

Road Riot 4WD: This game really deserves to be propely released! Lynx version was done by Images software I think. The game is complete (except for a blank ending screen). It would be nice to see it licensed and released like Loopz. Now I understand the difficulties surrrounding Eye of the Beholder, but maybe Road Riot would be more easy?

I read somewhere that if you play the races in a certain order (counter clockwise maybe?) that you get an ending.

Tempest

...and I did some backtracking for Relief Pitcher...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...9&hl=relief

Sounds like this game won't ever see the light of day, which sucks.

Hey, maybe Chris_lynx should sell the rights to Direct4Games (if they're his to sell) and let them actually release one of these "source me" titles! :D

Smeg

Hey, maybe Chris_lynx should sell the rights to Direct4Games (if they're his to sell) and let them actually release one of these "source me" titles! :D

Smeg

AFAIK no one has the legal title to this game at the present time, and this is one of the factors currently preventing its release to the general gaming community. I also understand that Lance (Video 61) has had some difficulty in replicating carts, which is one of the reasons that, some eight years after its warehouse discovery, we still haven't been able to produce a new run of carts.

• 4 weeks later...

As to EOTB, selling the game is probably never going to happen, but that doesn't mean that a binary can't be "released" for play in emulation (if the emulator supports it, but if the binary is released the emulator could be upgraded) and/or personal use on flash-carts and personal building of carts.

Hello all, To answer some of this for all of you that seem to be a bit intererested in here on this topic of late.---- Please excuse any weird way that this may look once I post it on AA,as I am texting and sending it with my Sony PSP.Thanks. Telegames/Terry Grantham ended up purchasing the rights to most all of the "pending release" games that Atari Corp./Atari Interactive was holding onto for dear life! It was a very hectic and uncertain time those last few months.Strange time!

It could mean that,I guess.I really doubt that will ever happen with Terry and Telegames with the lynx though.They tend to hang onto their assets/games forever,the same as Jack and the old Atari did.Terry and Telegames have been sitting on Battletoads and The Guardians SOD for several years now.Plus they own all the released Lynx games they were releasing some of again under their on ICD carts a few years ago.