IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Yoshi's Island DS

RSS Bot

I finally got Yoshi's Island DS. That's the final name of the game. First it was Yoshi's Island 2, then at the last second, they changed it to Yoshi's Island DS. Why, I have no idea, but they did. And, it's true, if you like the first one, you will like this one.

The introductory level is exactly the same as the SNES version, and so is most of 1-1. I was hoping and praying it wasn't the exact same game just for the DS, and my prayer came true. Starting at around level 1-2, the game is totally different. New levels in the style of the first one, yay! And new characters, too. Mario has his special M blocks he can hit and walk on, and he's the one you'll start with. In order to clear some levels, you'll have to switch between Baby Mario, Baby Peach (with parasol), Baby DK and Baby Wario (the last two I haven't come across yet. I'm up to 1-8 after playing for about 20 minutes. The controls take some getting used to, as they're not what you'd expect. There's two different options, and the most natural choice IMHO is jumping with A, eating with B and controlling shooting eggs with the shoulder buttons. And now, a picture of Fred:

blog-9475-1163654341_thumb.jpg

I'm still working on "I".

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2357