IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - "Death from Above"or my take on 2600 shooters.

RSS Bot

I was playing the 2600 today and was looking at some of my games and i thought"I should throw some sort mini-review or something like that on my Blog about Space Invader or "Death from above"games.So here you go......

Space Invaders-"The first and the best in my opinion.Shooting down wave after wave of alien invaders and the action can get somewhat heated.Love Space Invaders,First game i ever played in a arcade and the second game i ever played on a 2600(Combat was the first).You got a Atari then you should have this game.A little part of video gaming history."

Galaxian-"Inspired by Space Invaders(They all were)Namco created Galaxian.While most jump over Galaxian for Galaga i feel Galaxian is great.The 2600 version is my favorite version of this game.I like it better than the arcade with its color graphics and good sounds.The 2600 version is almost always a top 10 title for me."

Deadly Duck-"I can best call Deadly Duck a "poor man's version of Demon Attack.It has decent graphics and ok sounds.(I do love the little quack noise that your duck makes when he fires at the aliens)You can get this game pretty cheap so if you dont have it for your collection pick it up but with Demon Attack out there you will play that game much more."

Gorf-"Gorf is a game that i feel could of been so much better but it just fell short.I loved Gorf in the arcade("I AM GORF")and the ColecoVision one is awesome but the 2600 version is avarage at best.But,still there are worst games for the 2600."

AstroBlast-"Should this game be in my "Death from above"review?I think so.Yet another one of my favorite 2600 games.I play this one quite abit and i feel its a great effort by M-Network to convert there Intellivision hit Astrosmash to the 2600(I have the the Intellivision one and its sweet!)The best is you can use your Paddle controllers with this one too."

Inv+-"This homebrew is a take on Space Invaders and its a good one.More Invaders on screen than the 2600 Space Invaders and offers the the same great gameplay.We have another winner here so if havnt played this homebrew go and give it a try you might like it."

SpiderFighter-"This one is like AstroBlast in as "Should it be in the Death from Above reviews?"and again am going to say yes.Solid graphics and good control,but of its from Activision so i would expect as much."

Phoenix-"Next to Demon Attack this one is tied for the best"Death from Above"game.Atari had sued Imagic over Demon Attack being too much like Phoenix which is true but thats not a bad thing its a good thing.Phoenix has great graphics and sounds and great game play as well.So what are you waiting for go play this game."

Demon Attack-As i said with Phoenix this game is tied for the best"Death from Above"game.Like Phoenix it has great graphics and sounds and great game play.And if you want a special treat try this one out on the Intellivision."

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2365