IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Picture 45s

RSS Bot

Mom told me to tell you guys (and gals) that she really enjoyed the concert yesterday. And the rain did let up for the drive home.

In other news, the topic of today's blog is picture 45's. In addition to Atari 2600 games, I also collect records. Since we've had all these 33 rpm records laying around all these years, a few years ago, we thought it would be fitting that we get a record player so we could listen to them again. Since then, I've been collecting 33 rpm albums, but my big thing is 45 rpms with pictures on them. You'd be surprised which bands have them: Weezer has "Beverly Hills", The Flaming Lips has "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song", Beck has 2 from last year's album: "E-Pro" and "Girl". The Queens of the Stone Age is a weird one, I think it's 33 rpm, but it's in the shape of a 45. Anyway, I think I'll go downtown today and get another one from a band I've never heard of. I also have 1 12" inch single from Yes: "Owner of a Lonely Heart", but it's in boring basic black. It's interesting because the sleeves of nearly all my picture albums have a little sticker on them that say "Made in England." Why not America? After all, these are American bands. I'm just wondering. Maybe England makes better picture disks than us.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2381