IGNORED

Can Jaguar Carts Be Recycled?

Shawn

Hey All,

I want to build myself a copy of Space War 2000 and instead of tracking down a EPROM board I was wondering if it is feasable to recycle and existing cart and what games are the best suited donors for this surgery. A schematic would be aces too :)

Thanks A Ton,

Shawn Sr.

Yes. You could take a common, (people usually scrifice the pack-in Cybermorph or a crappy common like DD5/Dragon) and reuse the board and shell. Others have done this with limited reproduction releases such as Arena Football or the Fight For Life beta release.

A schematic would be aces too :)
Thank Matthias Domin !

Images of some Jaguar Cartridge PCBs

Schematic of Cartridge for use with EPROMs or FLASH-ROMs

(the page is here)

Thanks for the links, thats good info. Did you notice on the 2 chip board that he cut the trace to VCC on the pcb from forcefuly desoildering it? Hope that one was just for pics!! :rolling:

Thanks for the links, thats good info. Did you notice on the 2 chip board that he cut the trace to VCC on the pcb from forcefuly desoldering it? Hope that one was just for pics!! :rolling:

That happens. You just have to make sure to inspect the board and use a meter to find broken traces, then repair them with 30ga wire-wrap wire. It's best if you do this before soldering the socket in, because then you can stick one end of the wire through the IC pin hole.