IGNORED

Xagon - How do you play?

nems

xagon_2.gif

Big thanks to classics for this conversion.

This game looks great, but I have no idea how to play it. Are there instructions anywhere (I already checked atarimania.com and coudn't find any)? Also, and hints on control? My player seems to not want to move in certain directions at times (perhaps this is covered in the instructions).

Edited by nems

Just jump on the pillars to push them down. When all are on the same level, you advance to the next screen. Use fire+direction to kill enemies when they are on a neigboring pillar.

Are there instructions anywhere (I already checked atarimania.com and coudn't find any)?

The game was never released commercially, hence no box or manual.

Also, and hints on control? My player seems to no want to move in certain directions at times (...).

You can only move in six directions: up, down or diagonals. Maybe the 5200 conversion has some calibration issues.

Check out you tube, I saw a demo of the game being played a couple days ago.

Found it...

The person who posted the video noted "because of the heavy diagonal movement it's one of those games that are better played on the keyboard than with a joystick." I think that is what I was experiencing as well. I'm guessing that there isn't keyboard control on the 5200 conversion, which from the sounds of it might make for a nice enhancement.

Edited by nems