IGNORED

Hawaii Gaming Party -- Dec. 16th

AtariRx

Normally the get-togethers for the Hawaii video game enthusiasts are small and informal, mainly because there seems to be so few of us, but I am hoping that this will soon change. Why? VG Addict. A new video game store just opened up here in Honolulu and the owner wants to host our next event. This will provide a nice central location with plenty of free parking while at the same time getting the store a little publicity.

So here is the info:

DATE: Saturday, December 16th

TIME: 4:00pm

LOCATION: VG Addict Video Games (@ Nimitz Center, same complex with AAA Hawaii, Sensually Yours, New Eagle Cafe, Subway, etc.)

ADDRESS: 1130 N. Nimitz Hwy, Suite A-146, Honolulu

PHONE: (808) 545-7766

What to bring? Probably snacks and drinks, although I would not bring any alcohol since the owner did not specify that it would be okay. And of course any games for show, play, or trade from retro to modern.

The store has an X-Box 360 set up, but no PS3 or Wii (as of last weekend.) Would be great if someone had one of those to show off.

Please reply to this thread or PM me with any questions. I hope to see some new faces!

The only other Hawaiian AAer that I know of is starfighter1314 You can PM him. He posts here from time to time.

The bands U2 and Pearl Jam are supposed to be performing there this weekend. Are you going to that? :)

They've been promoting it on the radio here ( to win tickets ) every day. I didn't win, otherwise I'd join the party with you guys.

The only other Hawaiian AAer that I know of is starfighter1314 You can PM him. He posts here from time to time.

The bands U2 and Pearl Jam are supposed to be performing there this weekend. Are you going to that? :)

They've been promoting it on the radio here ( to win tickets ) every day. I didn't win, otherwise I'd join the party with you guys.

Yep, I've had my U2 tix since January... They were supposed to play in April, but the show got postponed. Can't wait! Keep trying for those tickets!

Thanks for the info on the other AAer here in Hawaii. I believe I have spoke to him before.

I would like to report that the party at VG Addict was a success. The event featured several newcomers, including another Hawaii-based AAer, plus the usual crew. I was going to take some pics to show what a rockin' time was had by all, but by the time I got around to it almost everyone had already left. Oh well. At least these are better than nothing. Already looking forward to the next. (And by the way, VG Addict now stocks a small collection of vintage games. Thanks Layton!!!)post-9507-1166429443_thumb.jpg post-9507-1166429461_thumb.jpg post-9507-1166429477_thumb.jpg

Edited by AtariRx

• 3 weeks later...